log cat report for crashing xbmc
Can you check out this log cat I run, thanks again
http://pastebin.com/JYXp9unx
I also ran log cat after trying a non neon build

http://pastebin.com/UR5QdxHh

Thanks again
Maybe your installation is failed(although it seems that it is successful).
It seems that there is not enough storage.
Its a brand new arnova 10d 3g tablet plenty of room
Does 1st run when white bar goes across it seems to get to 100% then just crashes
Any help wud be great guys
Just want to paste this part see does it spark any ideas out there
Googled it and seems to be a common error, although there doesn't seem to be any one fix

01-07 09:45:36.744 V/XBMC (878): 09:45:36 T:18970256 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
01-07 09:45:36.744 V/XBMC (878): 09:45:36 T:18970256 NOTICE: loading special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml
01-07 09:45:36.744 V/XBMC (878): 09:45:36 T:18970256 ERROR: special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, Line 0
01-07 09:45:36.744 V/XBMC (878): Failed to open file
01-07 09:45:36.744 V/XBMC (878): 09:45:36 T:18970256 ERROR: Unable to load special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, creating new special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml with default values
01-07 09:45:36.744 V/XBMC (878): 09:45:36 T:18970256 INFO: Resetting settings
01-07 09:45:36.745 V/XBMC (878): 09:45:36 T:18970256 ERROR: - cant delete file <//.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml>. trying lower case <//.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml>
01-07 09:45:36.754 V/XBMC (878): 09:45:36 T:18970256 ERROR: Unable to save settings to special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml
01-07 09:45:36.754 V/XBMC (878): 09:45:36 T:18970256 ERROR: special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml, Line 0
01-07 09:45:36.754 V/XBMC (878): Failed to open file
01-07 09:45:36.754 V/XBMC (878): 09:45:36 T:18970256 FATAL: : Failed to reset settings
01-07 09:45:36.754 V/XBMC (878): => XBMC_Run finished with -1
Don't know Android, but from your log snippet above, maybe a permissions issue?
Anyone knkw how to fix permissions issue I've tried no luck
(2013-01-18, 13:16)eamo1976 Wrote: Anyone knkw how to fix permissions issue I've tried no luck

I have a WonderMedia 8850 cheap chinese tablet that exhibited the symptoms:
XBMC installed fine; it ran "preparing first start up", but then closed and went back to the screen I came from.
No matter what I did it continued to do this. Upgraded firmware from ICS to JB, ran the nightly XBMC build instead of the stable etc.

I found a fix for this issue (requires ROOT though)
XBMC seems to want to store its userdata in /mnt/sdcard; however this tablet had its internal 8GB storage located at /mnt/local
I noticed in the logs that it also tried to store the userdata at the very root of the file system, but obviously this is read-only so permission was denied for this.
So I could plug in a MicroSD, run XBMC and be done with it, or I could do this:
Install Android Terminal Emulator and run it
su (to become root)
mount -o remount,rw / (to mount root file system as read/write)
mkdir /mnt/local/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc (to create XBMC userdata directory)
ln -s /mnt/local/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc /.xbmc (creates a link from the root file system to the local storage in its proper place)
mount -o remount,ro / (to make root file system read only again)
Run XBMC - and enjoy!

I am sure there's another way rather than this quick & dirty hack - but it worked for me ;-)

Best regards,
Snotboble
(2013-02-26, 17:45)snotboble Wrote:
(2013-01-18, 13:16)eamo1976 Wrote: Anyone knkw how to fix permissions issue I've tried no luck

XBMC installed fine; it ran "preparing first start up", but then closed and went back to the screen I came from.
No matter what I did it continued to do this. Upgraded firmware from ICS to JB, ran the nightly XBMC build instead of the stable etc.

XBMC seems to want to store its userdata in /mnt/sdcard; however this tablet had its internal 8GB storage located at /mnt/local
I noticed in the logs that it also tried to store the userdata at the very root of the file system, but obviously this is read-only so permission was denied for this.
I
I am sure there's another way rather than this quick & dirty hack - but it worked for me ;-)

Best regards,
Snotboble

Thanks for the suggestions. I have EXACTLY the same problem. However, my device is not getting even recognized as an unknown device when plugged in through USB to my computer (so obviously, I can't root).

You mentioned "I could plug in a MicroSD, run XBMC and be done with it", may I know how? I have a MicroSD plugged in too, but no matter whether I choose ROM or the SD Card as the default storage, special://home and special://masterprofile are still mapped to //.xbmc. If there's any other alternative way to allow me to hardcode where these two are mapped to, the problem is solved. Any other suggestions?
(2013-02-26, 17:45)snotboble Wrote:

Install Android Terminal Emulator and run it
su (to become root)
mount -o remount,rw / (to mount root file system as read/write)
mkdir /mnt/local/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc (to create XBMC userdata directory)
ln -s /mnt/local/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc /.xbmc (creates a link from the root file system to the local storage in its proper place)
mount -o remount,ro / (to make root file system read only again)
Run XBMC - and enjoy!

Best regards,
Snotboble

Great
Thank you for that hack!!

But when I restart my android device my XBMC does not start .. again.. and I had to do the same hack one more tim..
Do you know how to fix that ?
Please help
(2013-03-26, 18:43)momo Wrote: Great

But when I restart my android device my XBMC does not start .. again.. and I had to do the same hack one more tim..
Please help

Unfortunately this hack is not persistent across reboots. As romfs is a compressed format that is expanded into memory upon boot, it can only be altered permanently via creating a custom ROM.
Another path would be to create a script that runs the commands upon device boot, but that would be a little beyond what I have dug into and as well it would be doing something to not fix the root cause.

There's a thread I'd recommend latching on to; it discusses the very issue at hand; that the XBMC custom config path (special://masterprofile/) is not correctly mapped on all devices. One of the developers is looking into it and hopefully can come up with a solution before too long.

Hope this helps a bit..

-Snotboble
(2013-03-27, 21:45)snotboble Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 18:43)momo Wrote: Great

Please help

Unfortunately this hack is not persistent across reboots. As romfs is a compressed format that is expanded into memory upon boot, it can only be altered permanently via creating a custom ROM.
Another path would be to create a script that runs the commands upon device boot, but that would be a little beyond what I have dug into and as well it would be doing something to not fix the root cause.

There's a thread I'd recommend latching on to; it discusses the very issue at hand; that the XBMC custom config path (special://masterprofile/) is not correctly mapped on all devices. One of the developers is looking into it and hopefully can come up with a solution before too long.

Hope this helps a bit..

-Snotboble

Thanks for your help!!
If I will add all commands to the /data/init.sh (boot script) .. do you thing the hack will work ?
It's working for me!!! I just created a script /data/xbmc.sh,put 777 permission:

script:

#!/system/bin/sh
mount -o remount,rw /
#mkdir /mnt/local/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc
ln -s /mnt/local/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc /.xbmc
mount -o remount,ro /

and the "ScriptManager.apk" that st
art my script every boot with "su" permisions!!!
(2013-03-28, 19:05)momo Wrote: If I will add all commands to the /data/init.sh (boot script) .. do you thing the hack will work ?

Truth be told I am not sure. The commands should work; the only thing where I'm in doubt is what will happen once superuser permission is requested. I am unsure whether or not it will prompt for superuser access, if it will silently fail or it will be stuck.

Unless someone else have some input I think the only way to find out would be to backup the device completely, then try it out, and if it fails then clear the storage and restore from backup.

EDIT: I saw your update after replying - great to hear it's working; I'll do the same on my device until the XBMC developers find a permanent resolution. Thank you Smile
Can you explain me pls how get to data, or were can i make this new script?
Tnx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
log cat report for crashing xbmc1