Catching up Live TV from a Recording?
I've recently started using the PVR function on XBMC with Argus as the backend on Windows 7. Until now I was using Windows Media Center, and one feature was the ability to catch up on Live TV by watching the recorded version and fast-forwarding through adverts until I was watching Live TV via the recorded show.

However when I tried this on XBMC last night, when I caught up with the live show it dopped me out of the recording to XBMC menu. I tried again with no luck so had to then finish watching the live channel itself rather than the current recording.

Is this expected behaviour or an issue with my setup?

Thanks.
It depends on how this is implemented by the various pvr addons and the capabilities of the backends. I am currently implementing this for vnsi. The strategy is that when you open a channel which is currently recording, the already recorded stream gets loaded into the timeshift buffer. Once the recoding has finished the buffer will get loaded from the live stream.

Not sure how the other addons do this.
Ok thanks, I shall try another backend on Windows such as NextPVR. I'll also see if my tv card has Linux drivers so I can try VDR/vnsi!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Catching up Live TV from a Recording?0