XBMC Frodo RC2 HD-Audio does not work... ?!
Hey guys,

I just tried to run the first movie (mkv file) with DTS-HD audio but there seems to be a problem.
Going to sound settings while running the movie (top left corner) it shows me that it is running with DTS-HD MA. But my receiver only shows me DTS.
Working with the HD-Audio patch in Eden you could go to setting / audio and tell XBMC that my receiver can play DTS-HD sounds. (I actually never worked with that setting - just found pics and threads on the web)
I am running Frodo RC2 and can't find this setting anywhere.
My system (OSX Mountain Lion, QuadCore i7, 8GB Ram) is directly connected via HDMI cable to my Onkyo TX-SR 707 wich plays DTS-HD MA via my bluray-player just fine.
Hope you can help me solve this problem.

Cheers
BugRaider

btw. sorry I picked the wrong forum ... @ admins can u please move it to general help? Thx a lot!!
The problem is that you're using OSX.

OSX does not support the HD Audio formats thus they are not available in XBMC Frodo, HD Audio options are only available where the OS provides support and currently this is Linux & Windows only.
Hi thx for the quick answer!
I didn't know that OSX is not supporting HD sounds... too bad.
Cheers

P.S.: Is there a way to tell OSX how to play HD Audio files? Or is there an update for OSX? Anything? :-)

"OSX does not support the HD Audio formats", that says it all.
I've never used Apple products, but I think I'm right that if you can rip audio to the flac format then OSX should be OK with that, depending on how the rip is done there shouldn't be difference between flac and the original format of TrueHD or DTS-MA format.
IIRC, OS X will play it back, but lacks the ability to passthrough due to limitations in Apple's audio APIs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Frodo RC2 HD-Audio does not work... ?!0