Bug XBMC Frodo RC3 don´t read external subtitles ISO Bluray
About load external subtitles in files BD in Eden x Frodo,

here log for Frodo RC1
http://pastebin.com/XESm1Tje

Look video Frodo how work now:

Frodo Don´t load external subtitle and when load (set manually) have trouble sync

here log for Eden

http://pastebin.com/x64tfS73

Look in Eden how work fine

Load external subtitle fine.
~
OS WIndows 8
XBMC Frodo RC3

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I have the same problem here, with Edden external subtitles in ISO worked, with Frodo no.
Me too.
+1
Any news about this ?
Well, any tip how work for get external subtitles in ISO Bluray, I try all possibilities, and nothing, don´t work...log in first post, don´t fixed yet in rc3.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I'm using Frodo final. It stil doesn't work.
index.en.srt in the BDMV folder always used to work in Eden.

What I've tried:
index.srt (without language abbreviation) in the BDMV folder
index.en.srt (as above but with the language abbreviation)
00000.srt (named after the largest m2ts file) in the STREAM folder
00000.en.srt (as above but with the language abbreviation)

Is there a wiki entry on how to get external subtitles to work? Or does someone know?

(I'm not using windows btw, but Ubuntu, but that's something that shouldn't matter)

Edit:
Even the subtitle downloader doesn't know what to do:
21:48:59 T:139665637762816 WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(bluray) in bluray://smb//SERVER/UNDERWORLD//BDMV/PLAYLIST/00001.en.srt

Does frodo even support external subtitles with bluray folders?
Posting here to let you guys know that this problem persists on Gothan even on the nightly build of 01/21/2014.

When subtitle is loaded to be used with an ISO file it gets way out of sync.

It used to work on Eden and now it doesn't.
Bump for this thread...the SRT is playing but the timing is all wacky in Frodo 12.3, despite being checked and synchronized to the m2ts file in SE (Subtitle Edit).

Do any devs know whether Gotham Beta4 has restored this functionality?

-Wapitikev
(2014-04-26, 19:44)Wapitikev Wrote: Bump for this thread...the SRT is playing but the timing is all wacky in Frodo 12.3, despite being checked and synchronized to the m2ts file in SE (Subtitle Edit).

-Wapitikev

You could test that yourself instead of re-opening a post that's over a year old.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-04-27, 03:59)Piers Wrote:
(2014-04-26, 19:44)Wapitikev Wrote: Bump for this thread...the SRT is playing but the timing is all wacky in Frodo 12.3, despite being checked and synchronized to the m2ts file in SE (Subtitle Edit).

-Wapitikev

You could test that yourself instead of re-opening a post that's over a year old.
Trolling me on my first post?

Fandangos post, which I was asking him for an update on, was about the Gotham nightly 1/21/2014...only 3 months ago...that's a tad less than a year.

Guess I'll just go away and download and install the new Beta 4 and import a file and test it myself.

Should I post back on whether it does OR does not work, or will you find some non-reason to slap me for that too?

-Wapitikev
Downloaded Gotham 13.0 Beta4.

Tried it first on my HTPC...problem remains.

Tried it on a fresh system...problem remains.

But, for a goof, I tested a second movie on the fresh system and had to use the skip ahead key (right-arrow) to get to some dialogue...problem solved!

Stopped the movie. Started it again and let it play through normally...problem remains.

The only way to get the movie and subtitle to sync together on the fresh system using Gotham Beta4 is to use one of the four arrow keys once the movie starts.

Returned to my HTPC and reproduced the same behaviour in Gotham.

So, at least there is a manual workaround coming in Gotham...hope it makes it into the RC.

On a personal note, I'd like to take a moment to thank Piers for his warm welcome to the XBMC forums and this thread. Have a great day, Peirs.

-Wapitikev
Installed Gotham RC1 and tested srt sync issue. The srt file is still out of sync with m2ts files on basic playback.

Pressing any navigation key results (as in Beta4) in the srt being immediately synchronized to the mt2s file.

-Wapitikev
Uploading a test file and test srt that are perfectly in sync but experience this issue and creating a trac ticket might help.
(2014-04-30, 10:54)Kib Wrote: Uploading a test file and test srt that are perfectly in sync but experience this issue and creating a trac ticket might help.
Complete newb (this is 5th post) and installing 13.0 now...if it is still an issue I'll start a new thread and learn how to upload a test file and srt and start a trac ticket.

I'll have to find an awfully small file, though...most of my m2ts files without subs are gigantic. The smallest I think I have is 15GB.

(Yes I know there are containers that will shrink the file size but that means breaking the digital lock on the disc and that became illegal in Canada in November 2012 even if you own the original disc...but backing up the original files off the disc onto other media (like a hard drive) is not illegal...so it's m2ts files for me until my federal government stops caving into the ridiculous demands of the big movie companies and decriminalizes format shifting).

-Wapitikev
Still need to hit an arrow key to get srt file to sync to the m2ts in 13.0 full release.

So, looks like I'm off to learn how to create a trac ticket.

-Wapitikev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Frodo RC3 don´t read external subtitles ISO Bluray0