XBMC central DB and pathsubstitution - Thumbs don't show up
For some reason my XBMC setup with central DB and pathsubstitution doesn't work properly! I am able to play videos (NFS) and to see video information but pictures/thumbs do not show up in XBMC!

NAS: Synology DS413j with DSM 4.1
Clients: iMac 10.7, ATV2
XBMC 11

Here's the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25896

Can anybody help? Huh

Thanks
The problem is definitly the pathsubstitution. When I just add the central DB part in the advancedsettings.xml, everything is working.

Any ideas? Huh Huh
Is there anybody who uses the afp protocol sucessfully for path subsitution?

<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>afp://xbmc:[email protected]/xbmcthumbs</to>
</substitute>

I'm not sure what the issue could be, but a few things to keep in mind. One is that when v12 Frodo comes out you won't need to use path subs for thumbs anymore, unless you are using them to save space (like on the ATV2). The other is that the AFP client inside of XBMC is a bit unstable, and a replacement won't be out until after v12 Frodo comes out.

It should still work, but even if we figure this out, I would suggest using NFS or SMB. For SMB to work again on the iMac you can use SMBUp (wiki). I've been using it for a while and it works great. AFP caused lots of crashes for me, and SMBUp re-enabled SMB on my MBP. You can also try using NFS Manager (wiki) for an easy way to set up NFS (wiki) on Mac OS X.

It's also possible that this might fix the current issue of pathsubs not working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC central DB and pathsubstitution - Thumbs don't show up0