• 7(current)
[WIP] Welo v2 - a skin for XBMC
I run a rasperry pi with Amber skin, which I believe is a 1080 skin.

Imo it runs great and from what I think, the rpi will only go forward regarding how snappy it will handle skins.

I have no experience with skinning or any technical stuff regarding xbmc or the raspberry pi, but is there a way to compare your skin and the amber skin in terms of lightweight?

Gonna try your skin with my raspberry pi anyways when the time comes, because I have been following your skin since I discovered XBMC Big Grin

Cheers Liquid Smile
Quick update... just got the dialogs to sort, then it's preview/alpha time.

Cheers
Can't wait, as always!
Awesome news!
can't wait!
+1
Awesome skin, can't wait for it, great wotk there!
Great news!
Will there be a preview or alpha anytime soon?? Nice work btw!
ANY PROGRESS CAN WAIT FOR RELEASE THANKS
any news of an early release or anything?
Hey all,

Sorry for lack of updates. Been a busy time again for me. Still been working on Welo, however things had slowed down. Back on it a bit more now.

There's a few bits in settings to complete, plus dialogs. Then there will be an alpha/preview release. No idea on an eta yet.

I'll admit... this has to be the slowest skin development cycle in xbmc history... sorry for that! Big Grin

Cheers Wink
Skin looks awesome. How can I join the Alpha/Beta?
(2014-04-15, 23:32)Zaich Wrote: I run a rasperry pi with Amber skin, which I believe is a 1080 skin.

Imo it runs great and from what I think, the rpi will only go forward regarding how snappy it will handle skins.

I have no experience with skinning or any technical stuff regarding xbmc or the raspberry pi, but is there a way to compare your skin and the amber skin in terms of lightweight?

Gonna try your skin with my raspberry pi anyways when the time comes, because I have been following your skin since I discovered XBMC Big Grin

Cheers Liquid Smile

I used to use Welo v1 on an apple tv 2 and it ran perfect, not sure how that compares to an rpi though. I only switched because updating to frodo allowed volume control on atv2 thru xbmc (i think that is why i updated).

I also ran amber skin on same atv2 but one xbmc version later, and it seemed as snappy as Welo was, I don't think there were too many changes too have made it slower.

If that helps.
any news?

btw. would be awsome if it would already support the changed pvr menu handling of current xbmc git.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Welo v2 - a skin for XBMC1