Frodo does not show up as Airplay device in OS X
What mythtv did for fixing their issue is already done in XBMC (handling aes128 chellange messages on all packets not only option packets). So this is a different issue.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Is there any way to personally try this fix with the release version of Frodo for windows? Airplay works when I'm using my iPhone or iTunes on Mountain Lion but I'd love to share general system sounds.
(2013-02-07, 02:14)skirr Wrote: Is there any way to personally try this fix with the release version of Frodo for windows? Airplay works when I'm using my iPhone or iTunes on Mountain Lion but I'd love to share general system sounds.

Well, sort of. You can open up the xbmc binary (I have never used xbmc on windows, so i don't know its name, but at least in linux it's called xbmc.bin) with a hexeditor and replace all occurences of the string "AppleTV2,1" with something different with the same length, e.g. "OtherTV2,1".

This doesn't give you exactly the same as the patched version, but it seems to do the trick. You might need to reboot your mac after restarting the patched version on windows.
Hrm, I'll check if I find any binaries that are editable in the end version for windows. Otherwise I would have to get the source code, change it there and then compile it myself, right? Any chances that this would be changeable with an advancedsettings.xml or would the proper commands have to be implemented by the XBMC coder team first?
Yes, there should be an editable binary file somwhere in the release version. However, care needs to be taken when editing such binary files. So if you don't fell confident in doing it, ask someone else to provide you with a modified binary.

And yes, the alternative is to compile everything yourself. It can currently not be achieved with advancedsettings.xml (see some post somewhere above this).
Alright then, thanks for your help and your initial discovery. I'll check back as soon as I've tried it.
Thank you very much, your fix also worked on the windows release version. I used HxD to modify the xbmc executable "xbmc.exe". As suggested in your .diff two "AppleTV2,1" entries could be found and changing them together with a restart of XBMC and my Macbook allowed the proper announcement of XBMC as Airplay target in Mac OS X Mountain Lion system settings.

For anyone else who wants to try this: make sure to replace "Apple" with another 5 letter word, otherwise you will change the file size and therefor corrupt the executable.
Memphiz, I was just reading this thread and as I understand it some users have been able to fix the issue by modifying the "AppleTV2,1" string, but you don't think this is the proper solution. I get it, but why don't you make the string configurable via the XBMC settings while you figure out what's the real issue?

This will make things easier to users so that they don't have to compile it themselves or modify the binaries, and it won't create any backwards compatibility issues to other users as you suggested.

What do you think?
Read the thread and you will see that it is hard to incorporate new settings. No doubt the devs don't want too many settings for people to fiddle with - it becomes a config nightmare.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
We have injected the change now into mainline and it should be available in the upcoming nightly builds for you to test. Please report back how it behaves with airplay in general

ATTENTION - please don't spam this thread with issues when running ios 6.1 or newer on the ios client devices (we know that apple changed something in airplay which causes some apps to not work anymore or only stream audio but no video).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi all,

I've been following these developments, and had some time to dig and report:
  • Nightly (installed as portable on the side of stable) is working for Airplay from iTunes as well as directly from OSX (Sound output, Option+click sound, select XBMC)
  • As stated above, some apps are still having issues with XBMC after latest iOS updates - i.e. Pandora works, but Turntable.fm disconnects
  • Airfoil for OSX also has issues connecting to XBMC's Airplay - debug from that is as follows (in case it sheds light on anything) - I've also contacted Airfoil support to let them know, and will report back in case they have anything interesting to say

Code:
Domain: SSAirfoilErrorDomain

Code: -1600

NSLocalizedDescription: Could Not Connect To Remote Speaker

NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion: Airfoil lost connection to the remote speaker "XBMC (togume-HTPC)". Please check the remote speaker and try again.

NSUnderlyingError: Error Domain=SSAirfoilErrorDomain Code=-1600 "RTP Connection Lost" UserInfo=0x38c8e00 {NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=The connection to the remote speakers was lost (errno: 61 Connection refused). Check the remote speaker and try again., NSLocalizedDescription=RTP Connection Lost}

PTErrorIsLongLived: 1

PTErrorSupressesDetailsDisplay: 0

SSSpeaker: <SSRemoteSpeaker_PTZeroingWeakRefSubclass: 0x1d76be0: XBMC (togume-HTPC) (
    <1c1e8f3a 00000000 fe800000 00000000 64d87257 bd4c7183 05000000>,
    <10028f3a 0a000129 00000000 00000000>
) connected:NO transmitted:YES state:DEAD>

Please let me know if there's anything else I can provide to aid in this effort.
Since XBMC10 did not support AirPlay I decided to upgrade my Ubuntu/XBMC media centre to Ubuntu Raring Ringtail 13.04 which comes with XBMC12_20130105 out of the box. My iPad 3 running iOS 6.1.2 was then able to use AirPlay for pictures and videos. When i tried using my iPad to play audio via AirPlay it failed. The AirPlay buttons were available but the iPad could not get a connection to XBMC. Also on my MacBook Air running Mac OS X 10.7.5 I could see the AirPlay buttons but again the connection could not be made. Then I ran into this thread.

I upgraded XBMC which came from the Ubuntu repositories to the nightly build 20130314 from the XBMC unstable PPA because of https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/77ed...aec94b37bf After rebooting my Wi-Fi router and XBMC media centre I was able to play audio through airplay on my iPad perfectly but my MacBook Air still did not connect. In order to fix this I had to turn of IPv6 support for my Wi-Fi connection through the console (networksetup -setv6off Wi-Fi) because it was not possible to do it via the GUI network settings as suggested in http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4667

After rebooting my MacBook Air I was able to play audio using AirPlay but in order to play music via AirPlay in Spotify I had to change my System Audio Output to my XBMC media centre but it just did not pop up in the settings. Since I didnt really believe my MacBook Air I grabbed my MacBook Pro Retina running Mac OS X 10.8.2 and there it was: XBMC in my System Audio output Cool

Can someone confirm that this patch:

- Does not show XBMC in System Audio Output on Mac OS X 10.7.5 ?
- Does show XBMC in System Audio Output on Mac OS X 10.8.2 ?
does 10.7.5 even support this? I thought apple added this in 10.8 tbh.
Quick update:

The latest update to OSX 10.8.3 seems to have changed something - The top-bar now shows the AirPlay Mirroring to the XBMC. I have yet to try the current XBMC release (without the Airplay change above) to see if this release made them play nice again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo does not show up as Airplay device in OS X0