Steam
(2013-02-21, 07:24)teeedubb Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 03:13)aoaaron Wrote: I hope this happens! Being able to switch between XBMC and Steam whilst sitting on my sofa would be the ultimate couch experience (and would 10000% justify a HTPC/gaming PC combo for me).

This is already possible. You can either launch xbmc from steam or steam from xbmc. And now with steam big picture mode you can control everything via remote/joypad. I doubt ill be getting a next gen console and ill just upgrade my htpc.

True story. I do this right now.
(2013-01-06, 12:13)blue3c Wrote: No I was reacting to a question I saw on Steam.

But thanks for answering instead of just being a straight up ASS. Oh wait you didn't, you were just an ass.

LOL, did you really expected to receive a respectfull answer, while the tone of your OP was everything but respectfull to the devs? I admire you, ignorance is a bliss.

If you would just not have started with; "Really....", the thread would have had a whole other discussion going on.
haha, this thread is amusing, please continue Tongue
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2013-01-06, 12:32)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 12:23)blue3c Wrote: Really... thats an answer. Basically fuck you we give two shits what you think. That was the answer.
Then to pile on others say refer to one. Again, basically fuck you. Great.

Take a week to cool off.

You mean take a week to Steam off.....
(2013-02-21, 17:32)DigitalAnvil Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 12:32)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 12:23)blue3c Wrote: Really... thats an answer. Basically fuck you we give two shits what you think. That was the answer.
Then to pile on others say refer to one. Again, basically fuck you. Great.

Take a week to cool off.

You mean take a week to Steam off.....

No, to cool off. There is steam coming out of his ears.
I for one can understand his need to vent....
I for one encourage Valve's vile plan to turn XBMC into a multimillion dollar closed source for-profit application in order to distract the audience from Half-Life 2: Episode III.

More seriously though, with the advent of Big Picture Mode, Steam and XBMC could go together like cookies and milk. I just hope a way to seamlessly switch between the two apps on a dedicated HTPC/TVGamePC without crazy use of EventGhost and the like comes around.
(2013-02-24, 08:06)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I for one encourage Valve's vile plan to turn XBMC into a multimillion dollar closed source for-profit application in order to distract the audience from Half-Life 2: Episode III.

More seriously though, with the advent of Big Picture Mode, Steam and XBMC could go together like cookies and milk. I just hope a way to seamlessly switch between the two apps on a dedicated HTPC/TVGamePC without crazy use of EventGhost and the like comes around.

Try this add on that I made... I haven't got around posting it in the addons section as I've been busy with work.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...id=1338734

Works with windows and Linux, although I haven't tested it in Linux a lot. It will close xbmc and launch steam. It doesnt reload steam as i use a button on my remote to close emulators/steam then launch xbmc, although this shouldn't be to hard to implement. You need to edit the file default.py contained within the zip file to point to your install of steam.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Steam0