• 44(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only
(2013-02-01, 09:56)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 08:10)ghostelement Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 03:54)phil65 Wrote: works here. no bug.

Any idea what I can do to begin troubleshooting this? I've got multiple XBMC boxes using SQL library, and they are all experiencing the same issue.

I've only seen this when starting movies from files mode.

I start movies in Video mode and I have the same issue. Finally I've downloaded all pictures with artwork downloader and it's still the same. I've noticed that when I use "More info" in table view and next "Refresh", then a picture is properly displayed.
I'm seeing something but unsure if it's just Working-As-Designed...

For my Movies menu option, I have configured the skin to display 'random movies' as the background art. I have confirmed that all 200 of my movies have fanart available. The problem I've observed is that on each startup of XBMC 'random movies' means a random selection of around 10 movies which get displayed in sequence and then the rotation starts at the first one again.

So it only displays those 10 movies in rotation. To get other movies to show up I need to restart XBMC when it fetches another group of movie fanart to rotate through.

Is that expected, or should the 'random movies' actually rotate through all the movies available without needing a restart?
(2013-02-01, 10:24)orzechszek Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 09:56)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 08:10)ghostelement Wrote: Any idea what I can do to begin troubleshooting this? I've got multiple XBMC boxes using SQL library, and they are all experiencing the same issue.

I've only seen this when starting movies from files mode.

I start movies in Video mode and I have the same issue. Finally I've downloaded all pictures with artwork downloader and it's still the same.

Artwork downloader has nothing to do with the movie thumbs. Just make sure you start the movie from the videolibrary and all should be fine. If its not working its not a skin issue, the skin just loads the movie thumb assigned to it in the library and thats working as expected.
(2013-02-01, 10:26)Samiad Wrote: I'm seeing something but unsure if it's just Working-As-Designed...

For my Movies menu option, I have configured the skin to display 'random movies' as the background art. I have confirmed that all 200 of my movies have fanart available. The problem I've observed is that on each startup of XBMC 'random movies' means a random selection of around 10 movies which get displayed in sequence and then the rotation starts at the first one again.

So it only displays those 10 movies in rotation. To get other movies to show up I need to restart XBMC when it fetches another group of movie fanart to rotate through.

Is that expected, or should the 'random movies' actually rotate through all the movies available without needing a restart?

Go to the settings of Skin WIdgets (under Addons-->Services) and adjust the random items options to suit your needs. 10 is the maximum fanart per randomize time in this skin.
(2013-02-01, 10:35)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 10:24)orzechszek Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 09:56)Big_Noid Wrote: I've only seen this when starting movies from files mode.

I start movies in Video mode and I have the same issue. Finally I've downloaded all pictures with artwork downloader and it's still the same.

Artwork downloader has nothing to do with the movie thumbs. Just make sure you start the movie from the videolibrary and all should be fine. If its not working its not a skin issue, the skin just loads the movie thumb assigned to it in the library and thats working as expected.

I've noticed that when I use "More info" in table view and next "Refresh" an information about movie, then a picture is properly displayed.
(2013-02-01, 10:44)orzechszek Wrote: I've noticed that when I use "More info" in table view and next "Refresh" an information about movie, then a picture is properly displayed.

Ah right, the artwork needs to be updated after Frodo upgrade. You should have seen a popup asking you to update the library with artwork iirc. If all else fails rescan your entire library, thats something I do every major release cycle. You can keep all your resume points and watched status with some addons or nfo export/import.
In any case its not a skin issue Smile
(2013-02-01, 11:01)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 10:44)orzechszek Wrote: I've noticed that when I use "More info" in table view and next "Refresh" an information about movie, then a picture is properly displayed.

Ah right, the artwork needs to be updated after Frodo upgrade. You should have seen a popup asking you to update the library with artwork iirc. If all else fails rescan your entire library, thats something I do every major release cycle. You can keep all your resume points and watched status with some addons or nfo export/import.

Oh... not good information...Smile.. Did refresh of your base take you so much time ?? Info update of about 20 takes me about an hour. Also some movies are not properly recognized.. so.. I need do this manually. In general it takes me a while Smile
(2013-02-01, 12:44)orzechszek Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 11:01)Big_Noid Wrote:

Oh... not good information...Smile.. Did refresh of your base take you so much time ?? Info update of about 20 takes me about an hour. Also some movies are not properly recognized.. so.. I need do this manually. In general it takes me a while Smile
Yeah takes very long, but I like to have updated information and artwork every year or so. I just saw this post which could help you re-initiate the artwork scan: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154228
(2013-02-01, 12:53)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 12:44)orzechszek Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 11:01)Big_Noid Wrote: Ah right, the artwork needs to be updated after Frodo upgrade. You should have seen a popup asking you to update the library with artwork iirc. If all else fails rescan your entire library, thats something I do every major release cycle. You can keep all your resume points and watched status with some addons or nfo export/import.

Yeah takes very long, but I like to have updated information and artwork every year or so. I just saw this post which could help you re-initiate the artwork scan: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154228

Thanks Smile. I've just removed "Movies" source and add it again. It started updating.. but a long way ahead of me Smile
[quote='fungify' pid='1319015' dateline='1359671267']
Just an update on my previously mentioned problem (page 64) where all menu items are gone when returning to main menu.

This is a debug log from opening XBMC, starting settings -> Edit menu -> Return to menu -> Pressing e to get menu to display.

It would be great if you could help me spot the error?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31778

FFY
(2013-02-01, 12:58)orzechszek Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 12:53)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 12:44)orzechszek Wrote: Oh... not good information...Smile.. Did refresh of your base take you so much time ?? Info update of about 20 takes me about an hour. Also some movies are not properly recognized.. so.. I need do this manually. In general it takes me a while Smile

Thanks Smile. I've just removed "Movies" source and add it again. It started updating.. but a long way ahead of me Smile

Correct me if I'm wrong but you could/should save your library to avoid that.
(2013-02-01, 16:20)Macgyv Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 12:58)orzechszek Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 12:53)Big_Noid Wrote: Yeah takes very long, but I like to have updated information and artwork every year or so. I just saw this post which could help you re-initiate the artwork scan: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154228

Correct me if I'm wrong but you could/should save your library to avoid that.
Why? If you save your resume point and watched status you get all your movies with updated posters/fanart ratings, critic consensus an d with all data preserved. With frodo your recently added items even stay the same after a rebuild. Its not like you should do this every day, but I have a habit of doing this every time a new XBMC stable version is released.
I have question about the next aired widget

Next aired widget is showing Big Bang as the next show that is being aired. However big bang was aired in US yesterday (early morning for EU). Shouldn't next aired widget be showing shows that are being aired tonight?

When opening the above view you see that the picture was cut off. Is this intentional or is this something that can and will be fixed? Unfortunately this is a bad example, yesterday I had another show and the picture was cut off completely which didn't looked nice at all. Also wouldn't it be nice if we get to see a plot?
not a skin issue, depends on script.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-02-01, 03:25)phil65 Wrote: small request for all foreign users: would be nice if you could tell me the youtube name of a news station of your country (best would be if that one would have regular updates)

La Vanguardia (Spain): https://www.youtube.com/user/lavanguardia

Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
(2013-02-01, 20:27)phil65 Wrote: not a skin issue, depends on script.

Dont really understand that tbh. Why is it a script issue. When i check out the tv guide for tomorrow I see several other shows that are actual airing tonight but the widget is showing the show that was aired yesterday. From my point of view it is showing the incorrect day, it should show the shows +1 day.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only14