• 159(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only
If you mean like this: http://i.imgur.com/s6d8uIt.jpg

When paused in the 4.1.9 version, this is all that is shown. You can even remove the giant "paused" overlay and have nothing shown.
really no one can answer my post?
(2013-12-13, 21:39)wgstarks Wrote: Yes. I'm sure AD has a few issues. In addition to the ones you mention I've noticed that it has an annoying tendancy to download German art if "Keep Original Language" is set. I don't think any of these are skin related though.

The Main issue i see with regards this isn't really the fault of AD specifically, in my experience. A lot of artwork uploaded to sites like TVDB and others have no "Language" attribute, and sometimes no "score" and then appear at the top of the list of available artwork. So my assumption here is, that because it's first in the list, it's the first to be downloaded.

Something I only see being solved if artwork sites force the user uploading the art to specify the language for that artwork else fail the upload. This wouldn't however solve the issue for artwork already uploaded.
(2013-12-26, 23:04)gibxxi Wrote:
(2013-12-13, 21:39)wgstarks Wrote: Yes. I'm sure AD has a few issues. In addition to the ones you mention I've noticed that it has an annoying tendancy to download German art if "Keep Original Language" is set. I don't think any of these are skin related though.

The Main issue i see with regards this isn't really the fault of AD specifically, in my experience. A lot of artwork uploaded to sites like TVDB and others have no "Language" attribute, and sometimes no "score" and then appear at the top of the list of available artwork. So my assumption here is, that because it's first in the list, it's the first to be downloaded.

Something I only see being solved if artwork sites force the user uploading the art to specify the language for that artwork else fail the upload. This wouldn't however solve the issue for artwork already uploaded.

I'm sure your right about a lot of artwork having improper tags. I wouldn't have thought changing my settings from Original Language to USA International would have fixed a problem like that thoughHuh
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-12-23, 03:56)Vaikin Wrote: If you mean like this: http://i.imgur.com/s6d8uIt.jpg

When paused in the 4.1.9 version, this is all that is shown. You can even remove the giant "paused" overlay and have nothing shown.

Yes! I don't see how to get that paused screen?
(2013-12-09, 22:52)Deano316 Wrote: I know Big Noid is working away on a new version of Nox, no pressure about release dates etc. Just wondered if the Video Extras add-on will be supported in the next release?

@BigNoid: +1 for this BigNoid. It would be great if your next iteration of Aeon Nox supports the new VideoExtras including its Advanced Detailed Screen and the optional overlay feature

@Deano316: Have you tested the new TvTunes to be fully supported in Aeon Nox now? Is it working with all its bells and whistles for you? If so, do you know where the hooks for the skin have been posted? Last time I tried, it was not working properly and I had to switch to Aeon MQ 5 in order to have full support for new TvTunes (same for VideoExtras!)... Thanks mate and happy Christmas!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2013-12-28, 02:04)colbert Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 03:56)Vaikin Wrote: If you mean like this: http://i.imgur.com/s6d8uIt.jpg

Aeon Nox, from the official repo, is version 4.0.9...which does have not the pause screen in that screen shot. If you want it, you will have to manually download/install the github version of Aeon Nox to get version 4.1.9.

Keep in mind that this version was never fully finished, so you may find some bugs. Also, it will never automatically update since it was manually installed.
(2013-12-28, 04:19)Vaikin Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 02:04)colbert Wrote:

Aeon Nox, from the official repo, is version 4.0.9...which does have not the pause screen in that screen shot. If you want it, you will have to manually download/install the github version of Aeon Nox to get version 4.1.9.

Keep in mind that this version was never fully finished, so you may find some bugs. Also, it will never automatically update since it was manually installed.

Okay, so does that mean that a future update to the stable/official will offer that?
Unsure. As far as I know, all efforts surrounding Aeon Nox for XBMC 12.x are long over(the last change was 7 months ago). So, Big_Noid is working on the XBMC 13 version of Aeon Nox, but that doesn't mean it wil lhave everything this one did...nor that they will necessarily look the same.
(2013-12-28, 02:43)capfuturo Wrote: @Deano316: Have you tested the new TvTunes to be fully supported in Aeon Nox now? Is it working with all its bells and whistles for you? If so, do you know where the hooks for the skin have been posted? Last time I tried, it was not working properly and I had to switch to Aeon MQ 5 in order to have full support for new TvTunes (same for VideoExtras!)... Thanks mate and happy Christmas!

Yeah. I could use those too. Never could get the "Fetch" button to work.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-12-28, 02:43)capfuturo Wrote: @Deano316: Have you tested the new TvTunes to be fully supported in Aeon Nox now? Is it working with all its bells and whistles for you? If so, do you know where the hooks for the skin have been posted? Last time I tried, it was not working properly and I had to switch to Aeon MQ 5 in order to have full support for new TvTunes (same for VideoExtras!)... Thanks mate and happy Christmas!

I'd love to be able to tell you but just when I thought my pc was fixed, it's failing again Confused I think I have a faulty OS and will have to wait until I can afford a copy of Windows 8 before I can enjoy XBMC again. I'll still be on the forums but for the time being I can't take part in the fun. Maybe by the time it's fixed the new version of Nox may be out.

Happy Christmas to you to bro Wink
I would like to give a status update on Aeon Nox 5. I finished most of the dialogs now. I have a few more windows to do; weather and next aired. Then I have the customization to implement.
I will only provide native support for addons I personally use, so no point in asking if addon xxx will be supported. I believe I can only make a good implementation of functionality if I really use it myself. If you want support for a specific addon, development will be on github, so a pr is a few clicks away. The only exception to that rule will be PVR. I dont use it (and wished it was never implemented into mainline Tongue), but since it is, I'll do my best to provide a decent implementation of that.
All in all I have good hope to present an alpha version in the next few weeks..it will be very different from 4.0, but it is my vision of what Aeon should look like nowadays.

Here's a screenshot of the TriPanel view of Nox 5:

Excellent news! I use TriPanel myself. Love it.
Very clean
Very nice... When will the next release of XBMC come out... Seems to be taking ages...
  • 159(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 4.0 (FRODO) only14