• 14(current)
Change channel really slow
(2014-01-06, 22:23)margro Wrote: @nonob: yes the official 12.3 build has only "slow channel switching". The changes found in my builds are not yet accepted upstream and will probably not even be part of the upcoming XBMC. Gotham.

@margo - do you have any insight as to why this may be the case?
are there any linux ports of the margro builds? I thought I'd seen something to this effect but can't find it now.

(i had posted this question to a thread in the NextPVR subforum yesterday but have moved it here as this seems a more appropriate thread)
@margro
Page with your Builds is down? Sad
Or something changed with the link?

BTW: THX for your great work! Chanel switching is now very fast on my clients ;-)
Hello to all
I was also a victim of the slow switching and have searched desperately about for months. I took advantage of a DVBLink TV Server 4.6.0. Today I found this page through a tip visited times and the same once loaded the 12.3 from 26-12-2013. Unfortunately, this has build does not work. But then I have the XBMC version 13 loaded, installed and started from 01-01-2014.
Yes what can I say my switching times have decreased from 12-20 seconds to 2-3 seconds. I'm excited!
My switchover times are now so Schnall that XBMC is not yet finished with the buffers so I have to wait about 1-2 sekundne until the buffer to 100% (you can also speed up the buffer?)

Still another question is it possible that the rapid switching at another 12.3 version before 26-12-2013 works?

regards
dogma
(2014-01-09, 22:38)Dogma2k Wrote: Hello to all
I was also a victim of the slow switching and have searched desperately about for months. I took advantage of a DVBLink TV Server 4.6.0. Today I found this page through a tip visited times and the same once loaded the 12.3 from 26-12-2013. Unfortunately, this has build does not work. But then I have the XBMC version 13 loaded, installed and started from 01-01-2014.
Yes what can I say my switching times have decreased from 12-20 seconds to 2-3 seconds. I'm excited!
My switchover times are now so Schnall that XBMC is not yet finished with the buffers so I have to wait about 1-2 sekundne until the buffer to 100% (you can also speed up the buffer?)

Still another question is it possible that the rapid switching at another 12.3 version before 26-12-2013 works?

regards
dogma

Is there a reason for you why you can't stick with the XBMC Gotham 13 version if it works well for you?
Quick one (and maybe stupid one): the fast switching channel build is also available for raspberry?

Thx,
Dakkar
At least it has been tested for raspberry pi (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3590#i...t-28063690), sry that I can't point you to a build.
Maybe anyone else can point to a pi build.
Hi,

since I am also searching for a solution to improve raspberry xbmc channel switching time I just came around this post.
What I´ve found is a special openelec build including xbmc gotham.

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/index.php?dir=Gotham/

Today I am running the official openelec 3.2.4 with frodo 12.2.
But I will give the special gotham build a try.

--
Best Regards,
-slaYer977-
Hello,

at this wiki page I found this:

"Fast channel switching (don't stop timeshift) Don't stop an existing timeshift session when switching to a new channel. This makes channel switching faster but might also break channel switching. Warning: Enabling this option will probably break SD<->HD channel swithing and switching to channels with different audio/video streams and codecs. Detection of the new streams at the XBMC side may fail because the PVR addon does not know exactly where the beginning of the new channel is inside the timeshift buffer file. Depends on: Streaming method=TSReader Default value: false"

Does it mean that I need to keep it disabled?
What is the best xbmc PVR Add-on configuration?

Thank you very much,
Dakkar
(2014-01-14, 17:07)Dakkar Wrote: Hello,

at this wiki page I found this:

"Fast channel switching (don't stop timeshift) Don't stop an existing timeshift session when switching to a new channel. This makes channel switching faster but might also break channel switching. Warning: Enabling this option will probably break SD<->HD channel swithing and switching to channels with different audio/video streams and codecs. Detection of the new streams at the XBMC side may fail because the PVR addon does not know exactly where the beginning of the new channel is inside the timeshift buffer file. Depends on: Streaming method=TSReader Default value: false"

Does it mean that I need to keep it disabled?
What is the best xbmc PVR Add-on configuration?

Thank you very much,
Dakkar

I have done some testings.
I can confirm that "Fast channel switching (don't stop timeshift)" it is not working when changing SD<->HD channels.
On the other side I must admit that changing SD<->SD or HD<->HD is much quicker!
Would it be possible somehow to let it work also in changing SD<->HD? It would be a very nice improvement!!!

Dakkar
Hi Margro

I have a hunch that the issue with your 12.3 PVR version is related to NFS shares.

See this post and thread related to NFS in the windows support section of the forum:

(2014-01-18, 06:22)bossanova808 Wrote: @CV8R - crashed for me too at a variety of points, isn't really stabel enough for my to work out where exactly. Rarely last more than a minute..

Maybe a clue - did the NFS changes make it into your 12.3 build?

CV8R
2years passed nothing changed still crashes after 3 channel changed so when it will be fixed?
@tashkas you should learn how to provide logs there is a lot information on xbmc website on how to this then users may be able to help you. I never have that issue my system is running perfectly never had that problem wheather it is pi android win 7.
(2013-11-29, 00:53)margro Wrote: Ok, I just posted a new Gotham build on my website: xbmc-margro-20131127-5ccbfb9-faster-zapping2

Awesome Margro! This build fixed what for my situation was the biggest disadvantage of XBMC; the slow zapping in live tv.
I'm using this with Argus TV and it makes a real big difference in channel switching delays.

Bedankt Smile
Hi there!

Can anyone point me to an R-pi build with faster zapping, or else a guide on how to build one? I can't see a "faster-zapping" build on Margro's website [except windows] and I'm quite keen to get it working. As it stands, its not really a great user experience, although I'm sure that will come in time.

The VU+ PVR channel switch/zap is 35 seconds to HD and 15 seconds SD, which is unusable. However using the enigma2 "remote channel converter" plugin on E2 STBs you get a flawless experience, streaming channels over LAN. Not sure how differently the enigma2 XBMC PVR plugin is being done? Apologies if this is just a query, I've not got a huge amount of coding knowledge to build anything myself, otherwise I'd love to!

I'm gonna try this openelec build: OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(02.10.2013)

to see if it improves things, I'll let you know.

Thanks for any advice or feedback, I look forward to it…

Nick
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change channel really slow2