Change channel really slow

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
dogboy Offline
sorry if i'm ignorant, what do you mean by "It shouldn't matter that we haven't made the Gotham feature freeze. We are fixing a bug." does that mean the change isn't implemented because its WIP?

Is there any contributions I can make or any where I can start looking into how I can fix this myself within a stable build [eg frodo]?

Thx

Nick
find quote
R3N3 Offline
Hi Margro

Can you make a new build for us, as there are already added some interesting new features and bugfixes

THANK YOU!!!

-> XBMCSetup-20140223-090710f-master.exe
(This post was last modified: 2014-02-23 19:18 by R3N3.)
find quote
alturismo Offline
Is this a margo build with fast channel switching ?
find quote
R3N3 Offline
Thumbs Up  RE: Change channel really slow
here

Thank You Margro Love Nod
(This post was last modified: 2014-02-26 12:02 by R3N3.)
find quote
Dark_Slayer Offline
(2014-01-24 15:13)FernetMenta Wrote:  vnsi and tv headend don't feed the ts stream, they have their own parsers and demuxer

margro / FernetMenta / "whom it may concern"

Seeing that the pull request was rejected (I think), would it be more / less acceptable for an alternate player to be used for PVR support in regards to this issue which effects all usable cablecard PVR backends?

Are those changes more likely to be applied to a "PVR-dvdplayer" core instead of needing to be merged with dvdplayer?

It just seems like this isn't going anywhere in it's current form (as far as merging pull requests goes) even though the changes are a noticeable improvement for at least the mediaportal, npvr, and wmcserver backends
find quote
whaupt Offline
I think it's more likely that anyone improves the demuxer used by dvdplayer, as suggested by elupus in the pull-request...
But I'm not a team member, so I don't know where it may go.
find quote
R3N3 Offline
Hey Margro

i need a new margro Build ... the new Nightly Build (GOTHAM BETA) have new bugfixes in EPG TIMELINE...

Thank YOU Tongue
find quote
margro Offline
Fan
Ok, I've uploaded a Beta 2 build which includes the channel switch improvements and the latest version of the MediaPortal PVR addon v1.9.13 (not yet in Gotham).

Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and the Argus-TV PVR-addon. Unofficial XBMC Windows builds with PVR.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
find quote
R3N3 Offline
Nice Big THX !

the channel switching times -> with " Margro build " still slightly faster than the original Build , amazing!
(This post was last modified: 2014-03-17 20:22 by R3N3.)
find quote
Dakkar Offline
(2014-03-16 21:53)R3N3 Wrote:  Nice Big THX !

with their build channel change a bit faster than the ORGINAL! ....

What do you meanConfused Huh
find quote
R3N3 Offline
Would it be possible that TV LOGOS that are created on the Dedicated Server (C: \ ProgramData \ Team MediaPortal \ MediaPortal \ thumbs \ tv) to pass also on the network client.. ! ?
(This post was last modified: 2014-03-17 20:25 by R3N3.)
find quote
LSU Jonno Offline
Margro,

When Gotham is released will you be releasing versions for other OS's of your fork? Like Linux and OpenELEC?
find quote
tungmeister Offline
Fan
When will these improvements make it into Gotham? what's the reason as to why they aren't already present?
find quote
margro Offline
Fan
@R3N3: In a future version of the MePo plugin yes... I do already have a prototype of the logo/thumbnail download code working here but it needs some work to fix several crashes that I'm still experiencing..

@tungmeister: No. My pull request with the channel switch speed improvement is basically rejected (although not yet closed...). Elupus did already add a different change that already speeds up the channel switches, so he does not want this change added in its current state.
My changes still make the channel switching a bit faster even after Elupus' improvements but in order to get it accepted he wants a different implementation: either by fixing ffmpeg or by adding a separare live TV demuxer.
I'm not going to rewrite it, simply because I don't have time to dive into this.

@LSU Jonno: Not planned. I don't have time to build multiple versions of XBMC for different OSses by hand.
Note that the speed-up fixes will be part of OpenELEC 4.0
See https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...atch#L9150

Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and the Argus-TV PVR-addon. Unofficial XBMC Windows builds with PVR.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
find quote
Dennisreneholm Offline
I've just tried this build on my windows PC, and i can see the channel changing is awesome!

How do i get this onto my XBMCbuntu 12.2 install?

And is there a way to just get the pvr addon, since a upgrade of my current XBMC on windows broke my settings, so i have to start all over if i want to keep using the new build with faster channel changing.,

XBMC is the most awesome mediacenter software i have ever seen.
I've been using it since Dharma<3

See my website here, if you like :D
DennisH.dk
find quote