• 6(current)
Change channel really slow
make a copy of any other .xml file you see in the xbmc directory, and rename it to advancedsettings.xml then open it in wordpad/notepad or any text editor, clear all text fields and write what you want in there
Also definately faster in DVBViewer. It used to take 2-3 secs now with margro setup it takes 1.5-2 secs.
A couple of issues I have sorted out for myself.
The changing refresh rate 5 seconds into the stream, UK tv is 50hz, so set windows default display settings to 50hz (was set to 60hz, I probably didnt save it) - no refresh rate change in the stream.

Reprogrammed my Harmony remote so that 'er indoors can instant record with the record button (instead of a long winded route), this was acheived by setting up a 'sequence' button, does 5 key presses with one button press, faster than your fingers could.

As for the advancedsettings xml file, just created this (noob alert)

<advancedsettings>
<pvr>
<minaudiocachelevel>10</minaudiocachelevel>
<minvideocachlevel>10</minvideocachlevel>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

Would that work (cant get access to the TVs at mo.
Hi margo
The new build is really good uptime channel 2 - 3 seconds for scrambled channels, 1 second for free channels,

i have disabled fast channel switching (if I do not turn off sporadically timeshift buffer depends on changing channels)
I changed the port to 555 in MediaPortal TV Server
optional i have turn on and off RTSP

The function "import channels from group" I can add multiple groups? how does that work?

to solve the problem that it displays all 1400 channels I need a function to keep them hidden "HIDE ALL CHANNEL GROUP"
@R3N3:
Fast channel switching is indeed still a bit experimental.
Import channels from group is currently limited to 1 group. It is on my TODO list to extend the addon to accept multiple groups there, but I haven't implemented that yet.

The only other option to hide the unwanted channels is to hide them at the TVServer side by removing the check mark next to the channel. I've recenty added this feature to the addon. Make sure that you are running the most using TVServerXBMC plugin to use that filtering option.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
(2013-03-27, 18:08)margro Wrote: Import channels from group is currently limited to 1 group. It is on my TODO list to extend the addon to accept multiple groups there, but I haven't implemented that yet.

Would be great if you can support this! +1
Thumbs Up 
NodNodNod

Thx for the Feedback

margro
(2013-03-26, 21:21)Birdincamera Wrote: As for the advancedsettings xml file, just created this (noob alert)

<advancedsettings>
<pvr>
<minaudiocachelevel>10</minaudiocachelevel>
<minvideocachlevel>10</minvideocachlevel>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

Would that work (cant get access to the TVs at mo.

I have tried the above with differing values and do not notice any change, is the code correct ?
(2013-03-24, 16:57)margro Wrote: Here is a Windows 12.1 build with the included changes: xbmc-12.1-Frodo-margro.exe

Quick question: are the changes now included in the nightly builds?

Dakkar
@Dakkar: no, not yet.
FernetMenta (the author of these changes) didn't submit a pull request yet.
The idea behind the test build was to allow others to tryout these changes and report issues with them. The changes result in lower channel switch times for many people, but it also causes a new problem.
The change does not work nicely together with the automatic refresh rate changing code according to some testers.

Update: Ok, I just saw that there is a pending pull request: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1757
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
re the automatic refresh rate change, I was having this issue with one of my HTPCs and the other no problem at all. The difference between the 2 was the refresh rate setting in the windows driver, by setting the refresh rate to 50hz resolved the problem on the HTPC with the issue - it was set to 60hz. As UK PAL standard is 50hz I presumed if the driver setting was the same it does not trigger a refresh rate change.

Pleas again could I ask exactly how should the code look like in advancedsettings.xml to tweak the audio and video cache levels - I would like to try it and report my findings.

As a side note, I have noticed a couple of times when I use this version that the PVR addon gets disabled ?, I had not set to disabled. Get it randomely - when next it happens I will view the log and post it for perusal.

Cheers, many thanks
Can't help you with the advancedsettings.xml stuff. Syntax looks correct.

The PVR addon will disable itself on certain fault conditions like permanent socket errors or a too old TVServerXBMC plugin or a mismatch between the XBMC PVR libraries and the plugin.
The log file should indeed indicate why it was disabled.
If I watch the same channel for a long time and after 30 minutes i use the timeshift function and jump 10 seconds back, I see the stream at the point where I have sent off 30 minutes ago, so the beginning of the stream.

Margro ore other ? can reproduce this ?
Hi,

I'm new here, greetings.

Just wanted to say thanks to margro / FernetMenta for this fix...worked for me too. Channel zap time went from about 8 -10 seconds to about 2 - 3 seconds.

Using an August DVB-T205 usb stick and Nextpvr backend (and XBMC addon) on Win7 64 bit for French TNT TV from cable provider Numericable.

Cheers.
Yeah, thanks for the build margo. Channel switching is excellent.

One thing though. When I set it to fast channel switching (not stop timeshift), it works fine switching back and fourth for about 20-30 min, but when changing after this (a certain timeframe, length of the timeshift file maybe?) it always starts at the beginning of the timeshift file (regardless of channel). Closing and opening the channel fixes it for the next 20-30 min. No problem if fast channel switching is off.

I was wondering if this is a common problem and if there is any resolution to my configuration that might fix it?

Cheers

Edit*: Seems R3N3 have a similar problem.. Try to turn off fast channel switching if its on.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change channel really slow2