Bug with Blu-Rays?
I think I found a bug. Just built my HTPC and have XBMC Frodo RC3 running on it great. I've been setting up some Bluray software and popped in a Bluray. I hopped over to Bluray and noticed there was a Play Disc option. Figured I'd click it for the heck of it even though I wasn't expecting anything due to the encryption on the discs.

So what happened is the Bluray drive kept spinning up and down and up and down over and over and kept making clicking sounds. If I stop XBMC, this problem goes away. I can go back into the Bluray software and it works. If I go back into XBMC, I don't see the Play Disc option anymore but the Bluray Drive keeps spinning up and down and up and down over and over. Even after I take out disc, reboot, put disc back in, and start XBMC, the Bluray drive keeps spinning up and down and over again even though I still haven't clicked Play Disc.

Edit: Re-install Frodo RC3. Don't have the Play Disc option but the issue remains.
For heavens sake at least tell us what OS you are running!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
And read Debug Log
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Oops, sorry about that Windows 8 x64.

Tried this on another machine with Windows 8 x64, Frodo RC3, and a Bluray Drive. I encounter the same issue. Difference is, I didn't have any Play Disc option. It just started happening on its own.

I'll try to get a log file now. Thanks for the link.
Here's a debug log file. Thanks.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=26257
I noticed the same with frodo rc2 and win7 x64 - the br-rom started making a lot of noise that didnt sound very healthy. I thought the problem was windows and a encrypted bluray with no decrypting software installed.. Ill post up a debug log next time I boot into windows.
(2013-01-06, 04:48)teeedubb Wrote: I noticed the same with frodo rc2 and win7 x64 - the br-rom started making a lot of noise that didnt sound very healthy. I thought the problem was windows and a encrypted bluray with no decrypting software installed.. Ill post up a debug log next time I boot into windows.

Speaking of no decrypting software installed. On one of my machines it was happening on, Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5 was installed. On the other machine, no decrypting software was installed. The unhealthy noise still happened on both machines. Different Bluray drives as well. One is a Liteon and one is an Asus.

Ok here is my log file

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=26284
I think I am suffering the same issue as the OP. I have had a pretty stable XBMC setup for a while now. I just moved onto Frodo for windows.

I have just got a blu-ray drive and am trying to get that set up. My goal is to be able to play blu-rays from the disc.

1) I have AnyDVD HD
2) I have TMT5

My reason for using anyDVD HD is because I have a crap 720p TV and it doesn't allow me to disable overscan via HDMI, so I am using VGA, This works perfectly, I can drop a blu-ray in the drive and it will spin up and play. The problems start when I try to bring XBMC into the mix

My plan is/was to use playercorefactory.xml and playdisc.bat as described here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116724 to get XBMC to launch TMT5 instead of the internal player.

And it does exactly that....eventually. When XBMC is running it hammers the blu-ray disc when I put it in, constantly spinning up and spinning down, and takes forever to identify the disc, if at all. It basically sounds like a DVDdrive trying to read a dirty disc. This is in stark contrast doing this with XBMC closed. It also happens whether the disc is inserted before or after XBMC is loaded. My best guess is that XBMC is trying to read the blu-ray as a DVD and can't and spins up and down.

I really have no idea about how to solve this and it's throwing a spanner into an otherwise working setup. Short of closing XBMC and launching TMT5 manually I have no ideas.

Any help would be much appreciated.
For anyone suffering this issue I have found there is a bug on trac

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12417

Which has been closed :/
Ok, so I fixed this....after a fashion.

Basically the problem lies in the dll file libcdio which seems to not like certain slimline bluray drives. Specifically the ones in the Asrock Ion or the Zotac HTPC's.

Anyway, my "FIX" and I use the term loosely is to get an earlier version of this library. It seems to be hard to find but I got mine from here http://www.findthatzipfile.com/search-38...32.zip.htm

Grab the file called libcdio-12.dll, rename it to libcdio-13.dll and drop it into your XBMC install folder replacing the existing one.

Next time you run XBMC it should leave your BD drive alone and won't hammer the crap out of it, launching a BD disc to an external player seems to work well as does playing standard DVD's (when you initially put the disc in it can still take 20 - 30 seconds, this does seem slower). I haven't tried audio CD's or any other disc types.

I hope this helps someone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug with Blu-Rays?0