• 11(current)
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4
This is driving me mad!!!!!

I have 4 smart playlists setup. If I go into the playlist they all display the correct content all fine... BUT when I go into customise and try to add them it only give me the option to add 2 of them... The other 2 are simply not in the list to add to the buttons... Any idea whyHuh?
Not sure about that one.

Are they all video playlists?
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-02-22, 12:46)Samu-rai Wrote: Not sure about that one.

Are they all video playlists?
They are all video playlists... Basically Kids Films, Kids TV series, Parents Films and Parents TV series....
"Mixed" source for "Documentaries" Smart Play List

Is it possible to create a video source for "Documentaries" that would both scrape movie-type (with imdb.com) documentaries such as One Life (2011), Earth, the Making of a Planet (2011), etc. and at the same time series-type (with thetvdb.com) documentaries such as Frozen Planet (7 eps), Africa (6 eps), etc.

The main menu-entry "Documentaries" should preferably show the first type as a single entry and the second type as a tv-show entry, where one would click at to get to the next screen, where the single episodes are listed.

Ps I know that the content setting "mixed" for a source aims at both audio and music video's and that is not what I am looking for here.
Is my question above unclear or is what I am trying to achieve simply impossible? Any reply or explanation would be welcomed and appreciated.
think it may come down to the fact no ones how or if you can achieve what you require
you can't filter the movies by video source like u want. You can only tell xvmc if the source is music, movies, tv series.
The best way should be:

source: movies/concerts/... as movie
source: tv series/documentaries /... as tv series

Then create smart playlists to filter the sources by tags/folder path/....

Don't solve that your problem?
my sources/playlists are:

movies/.... as movie
series/..... as tv-shows
operas/.... as music videos
kids/........as movies

I want to add:
documentaries/....as movies AND tv-shows, so that e.g. Frozen Planet (see post above) does not show up as seven individual movies BUT as one, with seven episodes/chapters.

Finally found the solution in splitting the documentaries in two different entries: docu-films (as movie) and docu-sets (as tv-shows); happy with the results.
hmm okay,
so your problem are just documentaries?
Some of them shows up as movie and some shows up as tv series? Right ?
And you want them all to show up as a tv series typ?

Then you have to add this documentaries which shows up as single movies (Frozen Planet) as tv show and scrape then eventual manually with an external scraper program.

Edit//
You should really use a external scraper program and scrape it as tv series.
For example Frozen Planet is shown as Tv Series @ thetvdb.com

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...4345&lid=7

The most scraper a able to use this homepage as their data, and then it will show up as u want.

Frozen Planet
.......Episode 1
.......Episode 2
.......Episode 3
It isn't possible to combine TV shows and movies into one playlist unfortunately.

Just as the two cannot mix in the libraries, neither can they here.

If you look back through this thread you will see there have been similar discussions regarding anime.

mydsmbr and Samu-rai, both thank you for reply and explanation.

I begin to understand that I want something very difficult/impossible, may be I should investigate the possibility to achieve what I want through the Moviesets approach; all single documentaries showing up as normal movies and the multi-episode documentaries (e.g. History of Ancient Britain - 4 episodes) as movie-sets. Never worked with sets before, so I will see.
That could be a work around of sorts. You'll need to create custom NFO's for all your TV Show Episodes.

Problem with xbmc is it only uses one database. It should have an option to create multple
(2013-03-27, 17:01)juro1971 Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 14:43)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 20:00)cyphrmedic Wrote: Is it possible to get like Genre, Years, ect, in the sub menu for the smart playlist menu?

Thanks

I worked out how to do this for you. Go to the videos menu and select movies.

This will bring up a list of the categories that you want, genres, title etc.

Highlight each of these and press the c key. This will bring up the contextual menu where you can select 'add to favourites'. Do this with all of the categories you want.

Now go back to the customisation menu and choose to add each of these new favourites to the movie submenu.

You will now have a custome playlist button on your homescreen which still has all the submenu catagores of the original.

Mhh you only have 10 fav and 10 smart playlist to add, can you add 1 fav e.g. "unwatched" for the custom "movies" menu as well as for the custom "kids movie section" and is the content filtered by the custom menu based on the smart playlist?

(2013-03-27, 20:13)Samu-rai Wrote: Hi juro

I'm not really sure what you mean?

Well the discussion ended there, but i have the same need than Juro, I'll try to explain it.

I've made a custom Films smart playlist, sitting on the main menu (Aeon MQ5)
I would like to have submenus Genre, Years, Director, etc
The same functionality than on the original Films menu, but only to the playlist scope (ex : In Genres, when i choose Animation, I would like to see only my grownup animation movies, not all the Disney's i put in the Kids films playlist)

Is it possible to do that?
Honestly, I'm not sure. Another member has asked the same question, and I’ve agreed to look into it when I get a chance.

I’ll report back as soon as I do.

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4 3