• 12(current)
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4
Hi, I have AEON MQ5 installed and I would like to know if there is such a guide for MQ5 as discussed in this thread?

Many thanks
Hi there, sorry, i forgot to get back to my request.
I actually found the solution a few minus after posting ^^

So it's quite easy and documented on the wiki, i just didn't understand it, and actually found the solution watching the content of the video/genres.xml node in system/library.

You just have to add a <group>xxxx</group> tag in your playlist file! (not doable in XBMC, need to edit the file)

For exemple, <group>genres</group> will present the playlist content sorted in groups

Thanks to that, you can do really whatever you want, get a FILMS playlist very clean (kids stuff, concerts, shows --> out) and still have submenus Genres/Years/Directors/etc.
(2014-03-25, 21:19)rmarais Wrote: Hi, I have AEON MQ5 installed and I would like to know if there is such a guide for MQ5 as discussed in this thread?

Many thanks

No, not yet.

I am hoping to update it as soon as I can.

(2014-03-26, 00:08)djoole Wrote: Hi there, sorry, i forgot to get back to my request.
I actually found the solution a few minus after posting ^^

So it's quite easy and documented on the wiki, i just didn't understand it, and actually found the solution watching the content of the video/genres.xml node in system/library.

You just have to add a <group>xxxx</group> tag in your playlist file! (not doable in XBMC, need to edit the file)

For exemple, <group>genres</group> will present the playlist content sorted in groups

Thanks to that, you can do really whatever you want, get a FILMS playlist very clean (kids stuff, concerts, shows --> out) and still have submenus Genres/Years/Directors/etc.

I see. So you would need to create a separate playlist for each button? One for genres, one for years etc?
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Exactly!
Hi. I was trying to set this up using MQ5 - After I created the playlist ( snowboarding movies in this case ), nothing is displayed within the playlist. I know I've added the source correctly. is there something I'm missing?
It's difficult to tell without seeing your system. Could you post a screenshot of your playlist settiings?

Quote:No, not yet.

I am hoping to update it as soon as I can.

Could you start a new post if you do please, as I would like to know how you do it as well.

Just curious why can't you just put the movies in different folders (Movies,kids movies, Documentaries.etc) and point the scrapers to each folder and keep them separated that way without using playlists? Seems like the easiest and most simplistic way to do it.
XBMC can't differentiate between the different folders. It just clumps everything together in their respective libraries (TV Shows, Movies etc).

As such, you need to tell it how to differentiate between these using playlists, or video nodes.

(2014-03-31, 10:25)Samu-rai Wrote: It's difficult to tell without seeing your system. Could you post a screenshot of your playlist settiings?

Yep...here it is...

And all of these movies are scrapped and showing in the video library?

They are scraped yeah. What do you mean by video library though? The source is listed under files and I can access the movies that way
If you go into the default movies button, are they showing?

No I didn't add them to the movies button. Do I have to add everything to that before I can set up the playlists?
Yes. The playlists can only display items which are scrapped to your library.

If you add all of these, then the playlist will work as you want.

Ok thanks. I thought I could leave my main movies as it was and worry about the rest. I'll give it a try tonight
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4 3