• 14(current)
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4
(2014-03-26 00:08)djoole Wrote:
"Hi there, sorry, i forgot to get back to my request.
I actually found the solution a few minus after posting ^^

So it's quite easy and documented on the wiki, i just didn't understand it, and actually found the solution watching the content of the video/genres.xml node in system/library.

You just have to add a <group>xxxx</group> tag in your playlist file! (not doable in XBMC, need to edit the file)

For exemple, <group>genres</group> will present the playlist content sorted in groups

Thanks to that, you can do really whatever you want, get a FILMS playlist very clean (kids stuff, concerts, shows --> out) and still have submenus Genres/Years/Directors/etc."

Thanks for the reply, sorry if I'm sounding stupid, but not sure which wiki is being referee to, and how would the rules be setup for example genre submenu...do we match items with "tags" or "genre", and is it "contains" or "is".....would be much appreciated if it could just be made a little clearer.

Update: So I followed the instructions the best I could, including creating a new playlist for genres, and editing the file and setting up the group for genres....My problem is now when I click on the submenu for genres, it is giving me all the genres from my original movies that I have hidden off the main menu, instead of just the genres for my new "3D" menu.
I am thinking maybe I have put the rules wrong for the Genre playlist...what should the rules be ? Or could it be something else ?

Update 2: Ok got it to work by changing rules to "path" and " contains"

Thanks for any help
Hi

I seemed to have the smart playlist working perfectly, and when I went into my "3D" button I created on the main menu, all my 3D movies were there, and my genre sub menu was working great....then I added another hard drive that had 3D movies on it, and scraped those movies and added them as a source to my 3D playlist, when I went back to my 3D button on the main menu, it was empty, not showing any of the movies...if I remove one of the sources then the movies show up....so as soon as I add more than 1 source then the whole folder is blank.

Please could u tell me if that's what is supposed to happen, or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for all your help
If you add more than one rule (which you have by adding another source) you need to make sure it reads 'Items must match' 'At least one rule'.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Thank you, that works great...had to go into the genre playlist file, and manually change from "all" to "one" , for the genre sub-menu to display correctly.

Not sure where u get all your patience to help everyone, but thank u, it is much appreciated Smile
It's no trouble. My way of giving back.

Glad you got it sorted.

Is a pin protect for not kids movies possible?
CW-kid and I have discussed that before some time ago, and we couldn't think of a 'clean' way to implement it then.

As far as I know, there haven't been any further features relating to this in Gotham.

And what it's the reason that the developers not include a password protection for different video sections or for custom video nodes?
Is that do difficult?
E.g. a tag with a pin in the custom nodes <pin>1234</pin>

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know the answer.
AsRock Q1900DC - SanDisk SSD 64GB - Crucial 2x 4GB - Streacom F1C EVO (Futaba M166A Display, YARD2) - BluRay Panasonic UJ-265
That's a question for the devs. Try posting in the general discussion or feature request forum.

I take it that there'll be a updated version of this guide for MQ5 as it's supposed to be easier to create custom menus unlike MQ4 which I wanted to do previously as mentioned in this thread for separate anime categories such as OAV's, movies and TV shows.
There must be way to do this In MQ5 im almost there the problem is that when i get into kids movies menú the movies arent displaying. I also don't know how to make the menu use the fanarts as backgrounds just like in "movies" menu or "TV show" Sad

Help!
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
It sounds like you have the rules set up incorrectly.

Your rule needs to be 'path' 'contains', not 'path' 'is'.

For backgrounds, create a folder, put fanarts in it, on the main menu customization screen select 'change backdrop - multiple images', and then browse to the folder you created.

(2014-06-16, 22:08)Veronica Wrote: There must be way to do this In MQ5 im almost there the problem is that when i get into kids movies menú the movies arent displaying. I also don't know how to make the menu use the fanarts as backgrounds just like in "movies" menu or "TV show" Sad

Help!

Fixed the first issue Smile but I still can't find a way to use the fanarts as background
See above.

Thanks, I knew that can be done but wanted to see if there was an easier way. I guess not.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4 3