• 13(current)
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4
well, I guess I am a dummy because I am using Gotham, MQ5 skin, and I can't follow the MQ4 tutorial to create these smart playlists to separate kids movies. I can't for the life of me figure out where to go to create these smart playlists. The main menu does not have a "playlist" area. I see the "customize main menu", and I see the option to create a section that points to a video playlist, but cant make playlists.. I am missing something. Maybe someone can post screenshots in a step by step manner to show how to do this?
its driving me crazy...
You can find it on the 'video (root)'.

Easiest way to get there is either through the top menu in the library views, or through the 'Files' button on the movies submenu.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Ahh, finally got it done! Thanks for the help. Now a dumb question, how can I re-order the main menu to have the various movie categories next to each other? Been trying to find this and have failed.
I still can't get this to work on MQ5 I still get the movies that are in seperate folder in one big folder all together

I have two folders for now. 3D Movies and Movies. but when i try to seperate them i get my 3d movies to see in my movies list. hopefully somebody could help me out

I got it some sort of working now. not sure if this is the right way to do it. so i will check the MQ5 guide once it is here Big Grin
Hi Paynemaster

Sorry I didn't reply to your PM. I'm super busy atm, and it completely slipped my mind.

You need to set up 2 smart playlists. One for Movies, one for 3D movies.

Then add both of these to your home screen an remove the default movies button.

I seem to experience some problems when trying to do this.

My file system is as follows: NAS -> "Movies & TV-Shows" -> There is two sub folders "Movies" and "Kid´s Movies" (All in danish though)

I have no problem following the guide, but my result is not as expected.

1) As soon as I´m done I get an error: "Script failed!: Random and Last Item script"

2) My "Kid´s Movies" menu do not show any "Recently Added" movies and when I enter the menu it contains all movies from both "Movies" and "Kid´s Movies"

3) My "Movie" menu works fine with "Recently Added" movies and the correct files

Hope anybody could be of assistance
It sound like there's a problem with your rules.

Could you post a screen shot of it for me?

I´ll be more than happy to. However I´m pretty new to XBMC and I´m not sure what rules you are referring to and how to find them?
Your playlist rules. The screen where you define the playlists.

Sorry for the delayed response. It has been a pretty hectic weekend.

I did the whole process again just to be sure. I seems to get the right moviesa in both my "Movie" and "Kid´s Movies" folder for now. However I still get the error and no "Recently Added" movies in my "Kid´s Movie" (Børnefilm) folder.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/Nyj0cFq,entAGzQ,1k0hTpi

- First image: Screenshot of playlist rules for "Movie" (Film) folder.

- Second image: Screenshot of playlist rules for "Kids Movies" (Børnefilm) folder.

- Third image: Menu screen with error
The rules look fine. The only thing I can think is the ø in Børnefilm is causing issues.

Try taking it out of the playlist name, or calling it something different.

That did the trick.

Thank you very much for your help.
No problem.

Hi

Please can someone tell me where I am going wrong.

I am using Gotham with Mq5....and I have setup a 3D button on the main menu, linked to my smart playlist, I have done the same for movies, and I had switched the "Show" of my original movies to off.

When setting up my 3D button, I said "Cloning sub menu", and chose "Movies".

On the main menu when I select my 3D menu it works great, and only shows my 3D movies.

My problem is when I go to sub menu under my 3D menu, and select Genre, it shows me all the movies with that genre from my main movies folder that I have hidden from the main menu....How do I get it to only display the genre in my 3D movies ?

Any help is appreciated....Thanks
See this post.

• 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4 3