(How To) Separate Your Kids Media From Your Own on MQ4

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
borgmanjayce Offline
I just wanted to ask (until a updated version of the guide comes out for Gotham) if users still have to disable the tv shows and movie menus.
find quote
Samu-rai Offline
Posting Freak
Only if you want to have everything separated.

If you don't disable them in one way or another, you'll have both categories (whatever they may be) showing in the 'main' movies and TV show buttons.

That would seem to defeat the purpose, but, nevertheless, it isn't integral to the process that you do.

My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

[Image: all-thin-banner.jpg]
find quote
borgmanjayce Offline
(2014-06-21 16:05)Samu-rai Wrote:  Only if you want to have everything separated.

If you don't disable them in one way or another, you'll have both categories (whatever they may be) showing in the 'main' movies and TV show buttons.

That would seem to defeat the purpose, but, nevertheless, it isn't integral to the process that you do.

I see... It's still a bit confusing, especially with things being changed a lot in the Gotham build.

So if I wanted my TV shows separate from my anime tv shows, I'd have to disable the regular tv show button and create separate buttons for tv shows and anime tv shows, am I correct?

It's just that I thought the 'my menu' option was supposed to fix this problem?
find quote
Samu-rai Offline
Posting Freak
That's correct.

In terms of smart playlists, I don't believe anything has changed with Gotham.

'My Menu' is meant to be used to easily access specific addons, favorites etc.

find quote
borgmanjayce Offline
(2014-06-21 17:00)Samu-rai Wrote:  That's correct.

In terms of smart playlists, I don't believe anything has changed with Gotham.

'My Menu' is meant to be used to easily access specific addons, favorites etc.

Ah, I see. If I disabled the tv and movie buttons and created separate buttons for them along with the other buttons for the other categories and created separate playlists to add to the 'My Menu' options, would that work? (One 'My Menu' for each playlist which would then be attached to each button if that makes sense)
find quote
Samu-rai Offline
Posting Freak
Not sure I follow you.

Most people just add the playlists to their home screen bar, so it acts just like any other button would. You select 'Anime Movies' and your taken directly to all the associated content.

find quote