Delay in DVD .iso Menu
I'm having some trouble with some DVD menus at the moment, in XBMC 12 RC3. I've tried it on both Windows XP and Ubuntu 12.10 and have exactly the same issue.

I have made some .iso images of my Battlestar Galactica DVDs (Region 4). The Season 2 DVD menus, in the episode select screen, scroll through each of the four episodes on the disc - you're just meant to press "select" when the episode you want comes up. The problem is that the episode you've pressed "select" on isn't necessarily the one that starts playing. This is very frustrating.

I'm guessing that it's related to some kind of delay in the DVD menu. While, if you press "select" you are taken to the video immediately, if I press "up" to move the selection to the "Back to main menu" arrow it takes 6-7 seconds before that press registers on-screen. It would appear that there is a delay before the video appears on-screen. EDIT 2: If I press select about 7 seconds before the episode I want to watch appears on screen, I get the right episode.

EDIT: I should add, to support this theory, that if I press "up" and "select" quickly, the DVD menu goes back to the main menu - as if the inputs are recognised correctly, just that the result of the inputs isn't shown on-screen for several seconds.

I have tried running the actual DVD in a DVD player, and this problem is not present, nor is it present when I run the .iso file in VLC media player.

Has anyone experienced this before, or have any ideas on if it can be fixed?

EDIT3: A debug log can be found here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=26438 In that session, I loaded the DVD .iso and loaded an episode. I quit after that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delay in DVD .iso Menu0