Nox updated... Customizations Wiped: guisettings.xml back to default?
I've been using Nox 4 since it was basically beta and hall has been fine until yesterday. It looks like Nox updated version and all my settings were wiped out (confirmed this by looking in guisettings.xml). I have backups of my XML so I removed all the default Nox settings and put back in my custom ones... but they always revert to default?

anyone else ever see this problem.. with Nox or any other skin?

thx for the help
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Tried setting them again through settings and see if they stick?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
as i said a lot of times: a settings reset for 4.0 was needed. technical reasons.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-01-06, 18:29)phil65 Wrote: as i said a lot of times: a settings reset for 4.0 was needed. technical reasons.

... this is not the problem. I've been using 4.x for many weeks, since beta. I created new settings at that time... they have stuck until Nox updated on its own from the repo yesterday.

Now I cannot get them to stick.
(2013-01-06, 18:36)Livin Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 18:29)phil65 Wrote: as i said a lot of times: a settings reset for 4.0 was needed. technical reasons.

... this is not the problem. I've been using 4.x for many weeks, since beta. I created new settings at that time... they have stuck until Nox updated on its own from the repo yesterday.

that´s what you have to take into account when using Dev versions.
re-setup it and they will stick.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2013-01-06, 18:40)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 18:36)Livin Wrote:

It would take me about an hour to reset everything... I'm not exactly wanting to do that, especially not knowing if the problem will occur again.

To be clear, you are saying from 4.0.1 to the current version there is a breaking change where ALL the Nox settings reset to default?

... this is what happened to me.

(2013-01-06, 20:45)Livin Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 18:40)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 18:36)Livin Wrote: ... this is not the problem. I've been using 4.x for many weeks, since beta. I created new settings at that time... they have stuck until Nox updated on its own from the repo yesterday.

To be clear, you are saying from 4.0.1 to the current version there is a breaking change where ALL the Nox settings reset to default?

... this is what happened to me.

yes.
Wow I guess the term "Release" means something different to many of us.... I did not think 4.0.1 was considered "dev"

It would be helpful if it said Dev and not Release, and also in the FAQ, in the 4.x thread title, on the repo's skin name, etc

I'll try to match things up in the XML, otherwise the work is too much.
(2013-01-06, 21:24)Livin Wrote: Wow... I did not think 4.0.1 was considered "dev"... it would be nice if it said so on the FAQ, in the 4.0 thread title, on the repo's skin name, etc

Working with a guthub version is always dev. What did you expect. Only repo versions are stable or if they posted a zip version to install
Besides the thread was marked" WIP" so that should have been obvious enough
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-01-06, 21:24)Livin Wrote: Wow I guess the term "Release" means something different to many of us.... I did not think 4.0.1 was considered "dev"

It would be helpful if it said Dev and not Release, and also in the FAQ, in the 4.x thread title, on the repo's skin name, etc

I'll try to match things up in the XML, otherwise the work is too much.

don´t expect support then. mergin stuff manually can lead to unexpected side effects. I´m not doing the reset for fun.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nox updated... Customizations Wiped: guisettings.xml back to default?0