XBMC no signal Giada cube n3 ion lg lm7600
I have an older Giada n3 mini comp with a fresh install of xbmcubuntu. I can not get the HDMI video output to show unless I boot the computer and the the display is active to the input.

If I fail to do this, then no matter what I do I can't get a video signal. I haven't tested dvi to HDMI conversion.

One unique problem I found was that the install produced text that was totally unreadable - almost as if it were 2 pt fonts. When I repeated the install with an Asus HD monitor, all was normal. Perhaps some required edid string is missing?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856176001 (product)
Not quite sure what you mean by "unless I boot the computer and the the display is active to the input."

If you mean that the TV has to be on and plugged in via HDMI on boot for video to show up on the TV, that is quite normal. X pretty well auto detects everything these days, and to be detected the TV has to be plugged into the HDMI port and turned on.

You can set /etc/X11/xorg.conf up to alleviate this if that is a problem for you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just to echo what nickr said and add that:

If you dont have TV powered on (even standby will do) The HTPC is not receiving a signal and assumes no screen connected.

Also for the dpi issues a quick line in /etc/xorg.conf will fix it see my signature last link for the xorg.conf and use as example

uNi
Its a bit odd, but the standby option I thought was already enabled. The magic remote uses a soft on.

I'll see about editing xorg and making those changes permanent.

Thank you both.
This is what happens, some TV's dont send a signal via HDMI cable on standby, some do and HTPC needs to know there is a connector monitor. I blame it on the moonshine.

uNi
Well, after many tests, and subsequent many reboots, indeed there is no standby HDMI signal. I'm going to play with the sleep modes and see if that'll fix it.

The moment the system boots the HDMI connection goes 'live' in the TV. Xbmc also seems to hang sometimes on the grub loader, for some reason.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC no signal Giada cube n3 ion lg lm76000