Lip-Sync Issues
Hi,

I realise that there is a lot of discussion on the 24fps/23.97fps etc lip-synch issues.
From what I’ve read and gathered there seems to be 2 main workarounds that folks use:

- Don’t match display rate to source i.e display at 50 or 60HZ.
- Put in an audio delay

Both of these are workarounds obviously with certain side-effects, what I don’t get is the people that are using the audio delay and only using it for 24/23 fps content via the advancedsettings.xml config how are you putting up with the issue when no issues with lip-synch is occurring. i.e. it starts off fine and them goes out of synch after 10 mins or so, when that happens your delay correction will “mask it” but prior to that you will be out for a period of time or are folks manually going in and adjusting things over time – surely a pain?

My setup is Frodo RC3, Win8 x64, QNAP 569L NAS, Gigabit LAN connections, Intel NUC (HD4000 Graphics – latest drivers/firmware), Denon 2310 AVR, Pioneer PDP 5090 Plasma (ISF calibrated) all connected via HDMI 1.3 or above cables.
I don’t have lip synch issues with other sources (SKY HD, Pioneer BDP 320 BLu-ray), but on my content in XBMC all Bluray MKV’s – DTS-HD lossless audio’s I start getting lip-synch issues after about 10 mins or so of playback – NUC is fine averages 3 or 4 % CPU during playback (no drop outs), Network/storage is fine over gigabit LAN no buffering at all only lip synch issues.

I want to move my Blu-ray collection (over 500 titles) onto MKV’s and XBMC – but lip-synch issues and manually changes things constantly will be a pain in the backside and certainly not wife friendly!

Anyone got any ideas etc…I will play about with the DENON’s auto lip-synch HDMI settings but haven’t had any issues up until now with the other sources as mentioned.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lip-Sync Issues0