Passthrough Profile Gets Lost...
Hi, All;

An odd issue here...
I'm using WASAPI passthrough to HDMI from the PC (ASROCK 3DVision) into a receiver (Yamaha RX-V2067) which then outputs to both a Philips 46PFL9705 and / or an Optoma HD70... (twin HDMI outputs from the receiver).

I choose WASAPI rather than DirectSound so that I get the HDAudio passthrough - which works perfectly for me (been looking forward to proper HDMI audio passthrough - great job, guys)... BUT...

If I switch on the TV, then in XBMC go to SYSTEM / SYSTEM / AUDIO and select the correct output (WASAPI / HDMI / RX-V2067 - Philips) (optical is the default, BTW), all is well...
Then exit XBMC and restart it without changing the powered-up devices, all is well...
Then exit XBMC, switch ON the projector and switch OFF the TV...
Restart XBMC and the audio switches back to it's default of optical output - assuming that is because the WASAPI end-name isn't available anymore - (it changes to reflect the output device (optoma in this case)).

I suggest that it would be useful to define a LIST of preferred devices (with preference / weighting) so that if option 1. is available, use it - otherwise, if option 2. is available use it, otherwise... etc. - until the point it reached where NO match on preferred devices can be found, THEN fallback to default... In MY case the weighting wont make any difference - the only device available will be the one currently switched on but I am aware that many systems will have multiple audio output options...

Anyone else experiencing this? If so, would the above suggestion suit?

Interface-wise, on startup, if no preferred audio-device has been defined, or if none of the already defined preferred devices can be matched, the user should be notified and presented with the CURRENT available devices - and when one is elected, the option to set it for THIS SESSION and / or to add it to the preferred devices list should be offered.

- Apologies for the "insistent" terminology used - I know I'm a user not one of the dev / QA team, but old habits die hard!

- Doombar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Profile Gets Lost...0