Best XBMC device for 50 to 110 € ? (with both HDMI and RCA outputs)
(2013-01-08, 17:23)jsn.crdnl Wrote: uk seller, how serious / quick (to belgium) is it ?

Dont know, but if it helps, Im also in Belgium and I ordered my Pi from the UK (Allied Electronics ) last Thursday and they promised to have it here around the end of this week. My brother ordered the same day from a supplier in the Netherlands (not sure which, but I can ask) and he should have it tomorrow. But since neither of us have actually received one, its only promises so far.

In general though, I think supply is no longer the big problem it was a few months ago. And since the price is only that of a few beers, I wouldnt lose too much sleep over it.
ATV1 (wiki)+BCHD (wiki)+Crystalbuntu (wiki) is still a fantastic option if you can find one in good condition. I use one as my main HTPC, and a second in another room.
(2013-01-08, 18:01)Ned Scott Wrote: ATV1 (wiki)+BCHD (wiki)+Crystalbuntu (wiki) is still a fantastic option if you can find one in good condition. I use one as my main HTPC, and a second in another room.

Yes but I think it gets further than a raspBerry solution regarding the price (it must be at least 150€, and not in "new" state)
(2013-01-08, 18:09)jsn.crdnl Wrote:
(2013-01-08, 18:01)Ned Scott Wrote: ATV1 (wiki)+BCHD (wiki)+Crystalbuntu (wiki) is still a fantastic option if you can find one in good condition. I use one as my main HTPC, and a second in another room.

Yes but I think it gets further than a raspBerry solution regarding the price (it must be at least 150€, and not in "new" state)

According to Google that's about $196 USD, which is insane. I can get a used ATV in good condition for $50-70 USD (38-53€). The whole set up with BCHD shouldn't cost more than $100 USD (76€). I guess you guys don't have a lot of used ATV1s in Europe.
(2013-01-08, 17:23)jsn.crdnl Wrote:
(2013-01-08, 16:58)PobjoySpecial Wrote: I use "list view" with the ReFocus skin on RaspBMC, which only shows high resolution movie posters. Browsing is instantaneous. Adding high resolution background images to the equation may introduce a slight, but perceptible lag.
OpenELEC uses low resolution fanart, so the performance should be even better... albeit uglier. Smile

Sounds good / more than enough to me ! ^^
I'm not a 1028p addict ; normal res or 720p are more than enough to my current requirements.

Concerning the "New it" uk seller, how serious / quick (to belgium) is it ?

I ordered mine in the weekend and got it during the week. I'm also from Belgium. Whatever you do, do NOT order from RS.
(2013-01-09, 13:37)Nu7s Wrote: I ordered mine in the weekend and got it during the week. I'm also from Belgium. Whatever you do, do NOT order from RS.

Too late for me Sad. After browsing the raspberry forums, I already found out I bet on the wrong horse and should have ordered from element14 instead. Lets hope I get lucky :/
(2013-01-09, 13:37)Nu7s Wrote: I ordered mine in the weekend and got it during the week. I'm also from Belgium. Whatever you do, do NOT order from RS.

Thank you I note it preciously ! ^^

I still have got a few questions ... :
Is there any case for the raspberry pi which includes a 2.5", or even 3.5" HDD, emplacement ?
Does the raspberry pi (or XBMC distro on it) have any feature allowing some kind of "sleep mode" for the connected HDD ?
What's the best (less consuming, with best perfs and still nice looking) skin for XBMC on Raspberry Pi ?
(2013-01-09, 15:56)jsn.crdnl Wrote:

Thank you I note it preciously ! ^^

I still have got a few questions ... :
Is there any case for the raspberry pi which includes a 2.5", or even 3.5" HDD, emplacement ?
Does the raspberry pi (or XBMC distro on it) have any feature allowing some kind of "sleep mode" for the connected HDD ?
What's the best (less consuming, with best perfs and still nice looking) skin for XBMC on Raspberry Pi ?

For cases check out the "cases" forum on the raspberry pi website:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewfo...2f26b8892b

Not sure, but I think this is standard in the kernel/hdd. My external usb-hdd does it?

The standard skin that XBMC builds like Raspbmc or Xbian come with. (Confluence)

openelec comes with hdparm so you can configure spindown timeouts. However, Im fairly sure thats only for internal ide/sata drives, and USB drives have their own algorithm, as they manage their own controller. I dont think the OS has much say over it, wether its openelec, linux or windows. Either the drive will spin down, or it wont. If it does on windows, it will probably do so on any OS or device.
FYI, I just received an email from RS:

Quote:Your Raspberry Pi order was despatched today.

If you ordered a Raspberry Pi board as part of your order we are pleased to inform you that we have sent you the upgraded 512MB Revision 2 board to thank you for your continued patience.

We hope this upgrade is acceptable to you.

[..]

Expected Delivery by Mail within:-
5 Working Days for European destinations.
21 Working Days for Countries Outside of Europe.

I placed the order a week ago.
Looks like they catched up. I still recommend NewIT however.
My brother ordered his Pi one day earlier than I did from here, in the netherlands
http://www.minifo.com/

They dispatched the next day after the order was placed, and it should arrive today in Belgium (edit: it just did arrive). Customer service also answers emails quickly. They were out of stock yesterday, but I see they claim to have Pi back in stock today.
I found also this seller, does anyone knows about it?

www.modmypi.com
(2013-01-10, 13:15)wargo Wrote: I found also this seller, does anyone knows about it?

www.modmypi.com

I also found their website and products and they seems to be good and fast!

Any feed back ??
(2013-01-10, 15:14)jsn.crdnl Wrote:
(2013-01-10, 13:15)wargo Wrote: I found also this seller, does anyone knows about it?

www.modmypi.com

I also found their website and products and they seems to be good and fast!

Any feed back ??

I just ordered mine with some hardware next to it (a case, wifi dongle, wires, etc.) from the www.modmypi.com website !
I'll keep you updated with the delivery time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best XBMC device for 50 to 110 € ? (with both HDMI and RCA outputs)1