- updated to a cvs build of xbmc that didn't work properly ?
- updated xbmc and lost all your thumbnails and settings ?
- didn't make a backup of your previous xbmc ?
- run xbmc as a dashboard and are unable to overwrite certain files ? (resulting in total mayhem instead of project mayhem
- loose xboxmediacenter.xml in an update ?
these are some of the problems i've encountered as frequent updater of xbmc.
it would be nice to have some kind of version management or backupfunction and simply go back to a previous installation with the simple click of a button :o
Xbmc version management / backup function
Joined: Jan 2005
2005-09-22 11:21 Post: #1
Joined: Sep 2004
2005-09-22 12:46 Post: #2
maybe xbmc should create a zip of the xbmc/album folder and the gamesaves. but only this folders, the others doesn´t change so often between an upgrade.
there are only 10 sorts of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
ATV2 --- PC Kubuntu 12.10 --- Xbox1 with XBMC4Xbox --- PC Win7 --- Raspberry Pi --- VU+ Duo