New HTPC Build - Wesena ITX7 vs Silverstone ML03
I am trying to decide which build to do:

I already own my drives - SSD and 2 TB WD Green

i3-3225 for both builds - $120
Corsair XMS3 Series 8GB DDR3-1600 - $30

Wesena Build:
Wesena ITX7 - $96 (includes built-in IR receiver)
ASRock H77M-ITX - $55 (Microcenter combo deal)

I also already own a 65W Pico. Not sure if this would be enough, but I have to imagine a 55W TDP CPU and two drives should be ok on an ITX board. Anyone know for sure?

Advantages here are IMO the best looking HTPC case money can buy and SFF. Disadvantages are lack of room for expansion and the possibility of needing a better Pico and a new low profile CPU fan (not sure with the i3).

TOTAL: $301

Silverstone ML03 Build:
Silverstone ML03 - $60 (already have IR receiver and remote since this does not have a built in receiver)
Biostar H77MU3 - $20 (Microcenter combo deal)
Power Supply - $25

Total: $255

Advantages here are slightly less cost with more expand-ability. However, I do not like the case and size as much. It would be nice to be able to throw in a few more HDDs and maybe have an ODD at some point (for the hard to get media).

Anybody have experience with either of these cases? Pros? Cons?
i3-3225 will go up to around 80W power usage with both cores at 100%. Your 65W picoPSU would work ok for Atom, Zacate or Celeron 847 based systems. You need a picoPSU 90 for Celeron/Pentium/i3, 120 for i5/i7.

This similar case comes with a 120W internal DC power board and an 84W AC adapter with the option of a 120W AC adapter.
You might want to check out this past post. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115793
Nice pictures of a build with this case. Also this on the 03; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB0IY9v3Hn8

Due to the size of my PSU and my blu-ray drive I had to go with an 05 which the 03 would have run into a conflict for space.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC Build - Wesena ITX7 vs Silverstone ML030