Constant buffering after a while
when using XBMC plus vdr for a while (half an hour or more) it needs to buffer every few seconds. Here is the log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=26799
I use today's XBMC master on Windows 7 64 bit with the vdr server plugin from the 29th of December.
After stopping the stream in XBMC for a while ('x') or restarting vdr cures the problem for the next 10 minutes or so.
Any idea what this could be?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I suspect audio. Whenever audio config changes, e.g. on commercial breaks from 5.1 to stereo, audio stream gets closed and re-opened. If the audio stream does not get drained properly it sucks out the queue:
WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

You have set synctype to clock feedback. This allows audio to play with the dvd clock. Check out this huge errors:
CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity1 - was:3582943892.668237, should be:3581614680.977796, error:-1329211.690441

I use "sync playback to display" and video as master. Audio drop/dupe. This prevents audio from getting wild, setting the clock back and forth.
@WiSo
Was it used to work with previous version? There is a similar problem report:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150882

It's on Linux and tvheadend but the log shows pretty much the same behavior. I could not find recent changes directly related to plaback which may cause those kind of problems. Maybe a player thread gets blocked.
I don't have a constant buffering, but used to have a random buffering when watching live tv caused by audio errors (probably AudioEngine). Since i made a more recent build lately, I can't exactly say what solved it, but I also added this to advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<audio>
        <streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
    </audio>

I'm on Linux Intel base though.
@FernetMenta: I have to admit, that I doesn't use it on windows pretty much and it was just for testing. My htpc is Linux and I'll use XBMC when it supports the vdr marks files Smile
A friend of me told me that he tried windows and it was pretty nice but he got also the problem with the buffering. You can see from the logfile that it shows the errors very often and this happens also during a movie so without the commercial break.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Constant buffering after a while0