Solved XBMC Frodo crash when adding music directory
Hi all

My xbmc crashes when I try to add my samba music folder to the database.
I use Debian Wheezy with XBMC from the experimental source.

Here's the crashlog:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ptJMzbuv

It seems as if XBMC can't find the database. Nevertheless Movies and Series work fine.

Is this known?
If so what can I do to resolve the problem?
Fix your network/mysql server etc for a start.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for your answer.

My server seems fine.
I've used the same setting before and for other clients as well without any problems.

As I wrote XBMC has no problem with the DB for Movies and TV Series.

Would it help deleting the mySQL DB?
I thought maybe there are not enough rights for the mysql user so I did:
Code:
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc';
But this didn't help.

I have no idea what the problem could be and it would be great if somebody could help me a little bit more.

Edit: Here's a new crashlog
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ysJCP0gW
Now you have a different error. Drop all music databases from the server.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Wonderfull this worked. Thanks alot Smile
Dropping Databases is fun, but there I found that providing the security visa-vi MySQL to XBMC to be a little more then "GRANT ALL... TO XBMC". Let me see if I can remember the commands:

(at the command prompt)
mysql -u xbmc -p
(will prompt for PWD)
SHOW DATABASES;
USE DATABASE <YOUR DATABASE>;
SHOW TABLES (I think);

If that does not work for you:
mysql -u root -p 192.168.1.6 (I think that was your MySQL IP)
(will prompt for ROOT PWD)
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'xbmc'@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc' WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'xbmc'@'192.168.1.*' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc' WITH GRANT OPTION;
UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('xbmc') WHERE user='xbmc';

Now to bless with Holy Penguin Pee:
USE DATABASE MyVideo27; (or whatever you named it)
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'xbmc'@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc' WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'xbmc'@'192.168.1.*' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc' WITH GRANT OPTION;

USE DATABASE MyMusic27; (oweyni)

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
quit;

That worked for me... The Penguin stuff is just in case the first couple lines do not work, but I had to do it all.

I found these two links to be helpful, Mythtv albiet:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV...leshooting
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:MySQL

Go ahead and test again by logging in manually with xbmc.

BTW, in your advanged settings, how did you get your EPG info into MySQL? I am interested in doing this myself...

--Cheers.
Thanks schnyde for your answer!

What confuses me right now is that XBMC created the database xbmc_music32 and not as I setup in advancedsettings.xml xbmc_music Huh

I'm not sure but I think the USE command doesn't provide from granting all privileges to all databases since the syntax of the GRANT command is:
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON db_name.tbl_name ...

Quote:BTW, in your advanged settings, how did you get your EPG info into MySQL? I am interested in doing this myself...
What do you mean by this?
I have nothing in my advancedsettings.xml about epg data.
I just used opdenkamps xbmc-pvr-addon to compile the MythTV addon and activated Live TV in XBMC.
Ok, I must have mis-read the log files @ 3AM. I apologize. It would be uber-cool if that EPG data was in MySQL, auto-updated every two days or so. That would probably allow me to watch TV without having to wait (and wait and wait) for the EPG data to be loaded on every frontend. That said, it is redundant for me to do this; since my MythTV system already has this in a MySQL DB, but hey, everyone does not run Myth...
Oh yeah, on the confusion about the number at the end of your DB name: It seems that that number is a REV, for after running Frodo Since Beta 1, I have many Databases related to XBMC, all the same name with a different number. Every version of Frodo I put on incremented that number on that DB name.

The question is: Is XBMC just copying the data I already have in MySQL to the new REV #, or does it increment, adding the new stuff to the latest REV #? If I export a DB and bring it back, and it is an older REV, importing it goes to the new REV. Exciting!
Isn't the EPG data taken from mythbackend? I don't have to wait. When MythTV has updated the EPG it's ready for the addon to be read.

The REV number is exactly what I didn't want. I prefer to have separate DBs for the users. Like this I can use the master profile for every user.

Edit: I just found an option under Settings > Live TV > EPG. It's something like "Don't save EPG in database" (my XBMC is German). Maybe you have set this option?
Yup, that went faster. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Frodo crash when adding music directory0