library problems
I keep getting a lot of duplicate entries for movies when scanning and cleaning does nothing. I have added two media sources afp://192.168.1.7/root/MOVIES and afp://192.168.1.7/root/TV
After a while they will get messed up so I figured I could delete the source and all of it's contents would disappear. This didn't happen. Even with no sources and cleaning the library I still have all the movies and TV shows listed. How is this possible?
The only way I can truly wipe them out is if I delete the database file off disk.
I'm getting really tired of rescanning all my media over and over.
Thanks
(2013-01-08, 08:53)kevinkelm Wrote: I keep getting a lot of duplicate entries for movies when scanning and cleaning does nothing. I have added two media sources afp://192.168.1.7/root/MOVIES and afp://192.168.1.7/root/TV

Are you using the same or different scrapers for each of these sources? The first source should use a movie scraper (such as TMDB) and the second source should use a TV shows scraper (such as TVDB). If you the movie scraper for both sources, then the videos in both of them will be treated as movies and may account for some duplicates if you have both movies and TV shows with the same name.

When you remove a source, do you respond "Yes" to the question, "Do you want to remove all items within this path from the XBMC library?"?

Yes I have the proper scrapers set up for each source and there are no overlap in names.
I answered yes when I removed the source and it did take a while while it cleaned but all the items were still there!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
library problems0