Req Previous Channel Button?
Is this a feature request or does it exist already? I am using Frodo RC3 right now with myth .26 on ubuntu 12.04 and the cmyth-pvr-addon. Things are going pretty smooth. The only 2 absent features right now for me are a previous channel option, and more dynamic recording options. I have taken care of the second one though 2 ways. I can use the launcher plugin to launch the mythtv front end separately, or launch chrome to the mythweb page.

I like it a lot, but in order to get my wife to start using this setup there needs to be some navigation and guide polish. There is still no easy way to bring up the timeline EPG once playback has started and controls in general are not as simplistic as they should be. Enter brings up info in the guide, when I think it should just go to the channel. Info should only come up if info is pressed. These are all problems though based on the fact that you need to support so many input devices, and there isn't just one way to input in xbmc. The Remote becomes a lot more important when you put live tv in XBMC.

This is ridiculously early though, and am blown away by the support and usability. I cant believe I am watching my Fios TV in xbmc. For the most part without issue.
(Living Room)
core i7 HD4000 running MythTV .27 and XBMC 16
on XBMCUbuntu 14.04 with 24Hz, DTS-HDMA 7.1
(Bedroom)
core i3 Intel Nuc MythTV .27(front end) and XBMC 16
on Xubuntu 14.04 with 24Hz,
(Mother-in-Law)
Second Gen Raspberry Pi running OpenElec
Droid Turbo with kodi and live tv!
Looking into how it is done on mythTV, I think the proper way would be a feature to somehow pull up channel history, and then select the previous channel from there, most likely from the menu where you can pull up existing channels anyway, but moving left or right would sort between history, all and favorite channels.
(Living Room)
core i7 HD4000 running MythTV .27 and XBMC 16
on XBMCUbuntu 14.04 with 24Hz, DTS-HDMA 7.1
(Bedroom)
core i3 Intel Nuc MythTV .27(front end) and XBMC 16
on Xubuntu 14.04 with 24Hz,
(Mother-in-Law)
Second Gen Raspberry Pi running OpenElec
Droid Turbo with kodi and live tv!
Stop watching LIve TV. Record what you want to watch and watch it when you want to watch it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The previous channel button I will have to have a play with tomorrow if I get chance as that is not something I have implemented on my XBMC box. The EPG issue is a non issue for me as I have the "EPG" button on my remote mapped to the letter E on the keyboard, that opens the EPG no matter what menu you are in.

I dont think I had to change the keyboard.xml file to add in the letter E mappings,

<f2>UpdateLibrary(Video)</f2>
<f3>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)</f3>

Those are another two useful ones it maps a library scan to F2 and brings up the recorded shows list by pressing F3 those are mapped to appropriate keys on my remote.

HTPC
XBMC v12 RC3 with myth TV backend || AMD Sempron 145 || 1gb DDR3 || ECS MCP61M-M3 Version 3 ( no core unlocker) || TBS6981 DVB-S2 tuner || ATI Radeon HD 5450 || 32gb Crucial SSD

NAS
IB-NAS4220-B HW revision 1.2 || 2x 1TB HDD RAID 1 || Open WRT firmware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Previous Channel Button?0