Best OS for XBMC on Raspberry Pi??
@Ned: I was not blaming XBMC in any way. Just telling the reason. Errors like this happen and thankfully a users pointed it out and it was fixed soon after.

(2013-01-13, 06:54)Ned Scott Wrote: Don't get mad when people call out out on these things, but instead work on making a better version that will speak for itself.

The four bullets were not used as mad-reply, just as 'updates' to the listed (I think outdated) problems.

The only thing I was irritated by is the combination of saying " I get the impression that the devs don't quite know what they're doing" (as in present but listing all but one old problems) + "I expect [[..] to know both the RPi and XBMC inside and out" (but not informing the devs himself if he finds a fault) that does trigger me. XBMC, Raspbmc, OpenELEC and XBian highly depend on user input. If the user who found the 'false attribute' at the XBMC-wiki had complained at the board of Plex without telling XBMC, it was never fixed and I bet some XBMC-devs would be irritated by the post.

Writing on another board you've seen a bug in one of them without notifying the project/developers is not the way it should be. The devs just can't know everything and without users it's impossible to keep track of every bit in the universe. This does no in any way influence the posts about an experience. Someone has still the right to post a negative experience. Just keep in mind some people are working really hard, and -only- complaining about something is a bit easy. Submitting a bugreport usually takes less than 5 minutes. XBMC, Raspbmc, openElec and XBian are grateful you do.

Quote:but instead work on making a better version that will speak for itself
So far, the ratio is 240 hours:20 minutes. Think that's reasonable ;-)
So, I just got my Pi. I run XBMC on a Win PC in the living room. I got this for my bedroom. I put on Raspbmc first(using the USB key drive method.). It was slow as all hell. I then re did my MYSQL share on my Unraid server. I then put on Xbian and overclocked. It's ok(SD card is a 6). A little slow compared to the Apple Tv I gave to my mom.

If anyone has a remote.xml file for a MCE remote, can you hook me up. I hate not having a context menu, but I've been using the Android tablet.. Thx.
(2013-01-14, 21:11)bnb Wrote: So, I just got my Pi. I run XBMC on a Win PC in the living room. I got this for my bedroom. I put on Raspbmc first(using the USB key drive method.). It was slow as all hell. I then re did my MYSQL share on my Unraid server. I then put on Xbian and overclocked. It's ok(SD card is a 6). A little slow compared to the Apple Tv I gave to my mom.

If anyone has a remote.xml file for a MCE remote, can you hook me up. I hate not having a context menu, but I've been using the Android tablet.. Thx.

for the remote help try our Wiki Wink
http://xbian.org/2012/12/configuring-a-remote/
Yeah, I copied a remote.xml from a directory on the xbian install following directions from their message board, but that didn't work. Thanks.
(2013-01-14, 21:35)bnb Wrote: Yeah, I copied a remote.xml from a directory on the xbian install following directions from their message board, but that didn't work. Thanks.

please, come to discuss http://forum.xbian.org/forum-26.html to the forum as this is not the right place an you don't want to spam this thread as it was opened to another purpose Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best OS for XBMC on Raspberry Pi??0