How to make Raspbmc wireless??
I have xbmc on my Raspbmc on my Raspberry Pi. I bought a mini usb wireless adapter, but I don't know how to install it.. please help thanks.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=raspberry+pi+wifi+config
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Depends on the OS/Distro you have. OpenELEC? Raspbmc? XBian?
Have you tried Openelec instead? I went for that one instead of Xbian or Raspbmc because it was much easier to set up using a wifi dongle.
(2013-01-09, 06:50)Ned Scott Wrote: Depends on the OS/Distro you have. OpenELEC? Raspbmc? XBian?

The post subject is 'How to make Raspbmc wireless'. Big Grin
Go to Raspbmc settings under programs in xbmc, click on the networking tab and fill in the blanks. Check the Raspbmc forums, I don't understand why so many people ask distro specific questions on this forum rather than the distros forum.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Whoops, I guess I read it as "Raspberry" by mistake.
@pi guy

If your usb wifi dongle is listed as supported in this page http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripheral...i_Adapters

then it's very likely it will work in raspbmc out of box. The latest installer handles wifi settings (i.e. wifi install). If you have installed via ethernet cable (or standalone image) just go to raspbmc settings addon and set various wifi settings. You don't need to reboot your pi and changes should apply immediately after you clicked "OK".
I'm looking to get this dongle for my Pi, not sure if it'll work out the box, as far as I can see, it might...
(2013-01-11, 22:07)Makx Wrote: I'm looking to get this dongle for my Pi, not sure if it'll work out the box, as far as I can see, it might...

Don't waste your money. This is much cheaper, has a decent sized antenna and will work out of the box with the Pi as its RA-LINK 5370 based. I've bought two (at that price it seemed rude not to) and they arrived inside of 2 weeks.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'm guessing it works fine with the Virgin Super Hub seeing as it's N compatible?
Should do, but if it doesn't, it's likely a problem with the Super Hub (and not for the first time, considering how awful they are).
Mine's not too bad, I only ever have problems when it's peak and the speed bottoms out, though I do need to reboot it every couple of weeks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make Raspbmc wireless??0