OS X Top half inch of screen is cut off after woken from sleep
I have a late 2011 mac mini serving as a home theater pc and whenever I wake the computer from sleep, the top half inch of screen is just missing or cut off (only in xbmc). Its so that you cannot read the clock or scroll bar. If i do a four-finger swipe on the track pad to show all open windows, then click back on xbmc, restoring it to fullscreen, its fine, but I have been trying to remove the keyboard from the equation, using only the apple remote and having set the exit option in xbmc to put the computer to sleep. I thought it might of had something to do with overscan, but since the application is fine after I minimize then maximize, I dont think that that is it. Ive read alot through other forums, but can only find solutions leading to screen calibration options in xbmc. The screen is fine though on a fresh launch. It is only when the computer has been asleep without closing the app. I have tried adjusting the calibration by then shrinking the screen to fit, but if I close then open it again or minimize then maximize, then the screen doesnt fit. Any ideas?
What version of XBMC? Or rather, can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens?
Thanks for the reply. I'm using the newest Eden. Ok, I've got it right here. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=27361
Did I post that log correctly? Been a couple of days and I still haven't figured this one out.
Not sure. Try backing up your userdata (wiki) folder and testing out the latest nightly build (wiki), which will be the most recent v12 Frodo test build.
That was still a no go. I have pics of the issue. Is there any way to post them without first uploading them to a photo hosting site then providing the link?[/php]
Sure attach it to your post.(you need to use "post reply" instead of "quick reply" to see the attachment options).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

I only see where I can paste a link; it's the icon with mountains and a sun, yeah? I keep trying to do this from a phone, let me try it from a computer tonight.
Normal users can only link.
ok, no big deal. So i have my log in my post above and here is a link to the pics detailing the issue https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A2JtdOXmGoE0EV[/img]
Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it. Im not sure if i should be looking at computer settings or xbmc settings. Since it doesnt happen in anyother programs, i guess its just related to xbmc. *shrugs*
Ive had this issue exactly as you describe it. Haven't bothered to investigate it so far, using the same workaround as you mentioned. Not sure at which it came along ie. which release version. I'll generate some logs and play around with the nightlies to see if we can narrow it down.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

cool. Ive been trying to set it up so that xbmc is a continually running front end and so that the keyboard doesnt have to be used, just the apple remote. So, it sucks to have to walk over, pick up the keyboard, minimize then maximize, just to get it to fill the whole screen. I could just always leave the computer awake, but i really dont feel like wasting the energy. (would solve my other issue of trying to find a way to wake the computer with the apple remote, but oh well...)
Any luck?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Top half inch of screen is cut off after woken from sleep0