Imdb, apple trailers, etc. broke with new version
i recently upgraded from the 9/12 build to the 9/21 build and suddenly lost all of my ability to connect to apple qt trailers and imdb. for some reason, weather lookup still works, but no other internet-related actions.

when i go to movie information for it to look up the poster image, etc. on a file, it does absolutely nothing. the apple trailers script tells me i have dns issues.

how can i fix this?
first (obvious) question... do you have a dns server configured? is it correct? how is your xbox networked?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
my xbox is hooked up to my lan in my house via my wired ethernet router. it was working fine automatically detecting the settings until i upgraded. i had full internet support. now it suddenly doesn't work. i suppose i should try manually specifying all of my settings?
(thericky @ sep. 23 2005,04:13 Wrote:i suppose i should try manually specifying all of my settings?
yes please do, make sure dns/nameserver is correct, you can try pointing to your routers ip but you should really check what your isp uses (if you have windows pc with internet on dhcp connected to the same router/network then suggest you simple type "ipconfig /all" in a command promt to find out the dns ip).

ps! are you using xbmc as your dashboard or are you using a other dashboard like evox/avalaunch/unleashx/etc. and are launching xbmc as an application?, read our faq
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i manually configured it and everything works now. i should have just done that before posting here! thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Imdb, apple trailers, etc. broke with new version0