Works on NextPVR, not XBMC
NextPVR plays my stations and recordings fine, works perfect. When I try to watch in XBMC though, the video freezes, then fast forwards, freezes, fast forwards, rinse and repeat. Live TV and recordings both do this. I've searched for 2 days and can find no answer. Please help.

Edit to add, I should probably note that all my regular videos play fine, it's just the NextPVR stuff that does this

Windows 7 64-bit
AMD A4-3400 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.7 GHz
8GB RAM
NextPVR 2.5.9
XBMC 12 Frodo
Both on same computer
Logs attached
Let me know if you need other info

XBMC Logs
I have the same issue. NPVR plays live tv fine, but running XBMC on the same machine does the speed up freeze thing. Tried on my PI and using XBMC for Android and get the same results.

TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
Here's a copy of how the helpful guy in the NextPVR forums helped me. Hope it works for you.

Fwiw:- I output video and audio via hdmi to an LCD tv. In XBMC, I had to disable the audio settings for ac3,aac,multichannel,truehd,dts-hd else video playback was 10x too slow (I think I also had to change the audio output device as well). Had the exact same issue on a laptop as well recently when on holiday.
I tried that and it still doesn't work. XBMC doesn't like the .ts files that NPVR + HDPVR create.

I will post the logs and a .ts file when I get home.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
With files an HDPVR I believe it is best to have your STB output a fixed rate. I choose 720p and don't have any problems from NextPVR.

Martin
I have the exact same problem with XBMC on my NextPVR machine. I have tried countless different settings on XBMC and NextPVR but nothing makes the slightest difference. My debug log is at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29735 to look at. Hopefully it will help someone with a good knowledge of XBMC to help us with this problem.
Did you try changing your audio type from wsapi to directsound?

Martin
In my month long struggle to find a working XBMC solution I decided to next try building a separate front-end just for XBMC. I first tried Windows 7 with XBMC and the exact same "freezing" issue occurred. I then wiped the drive and put OpenElec on it...no more freezing. I then installed XBMCbuntu (because of sound issues with OpenElec) and still no freezing (but still sound issues). I think the problem is the PVR functionality on XBMC does not work well on Windows yet...or at least Windows 7. I am not sure if there are more settings to tweak which can try to fix this, or if we just need to wait for this to be fixed in later releases.
I'm also having this problem. NextPVR works fine with my Homerun Prime. Media Center works fine. XBMC spins its wheels on most channels. I then get either a patterned square, nothing, or a partial picture that barely moves, all making XBMC barely responsive. Has anyone solved this? I don't want to use MCE!
I had this problem and it's caused by the audio decoders, if I remember correctly it was having DTS enabled which was causing it. Disable all audio receivers in system settings and try again and it should work.
(2013-08-08, 03:59)Mclarenmp4 Wrote: I had this problem and it's caused by the audio decoders, if I remember correctly it was having DTS enabled which was causing it. Disable all audio receivers in system settings and try again and it should work.

so you disable that when you see live tv and enable dts etc when u are watching dvds etc?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Works on NextPVR, not XBMC0