Possible to Set Max Recorded Items?
Certain shows (like the daily news) I only want the latest version of, whether I watched it or not.

Other shows that come on 4 or 5 times a day, I would like to limit how many are recorded and maybe keep the newest ones of those too.

Is this possible in XBMC using one of the PVR plug-ins? (I have MediaPortal, but I am not limiting myself to that)

My System is running Windows 7 and I use a HDHomeRun DUAL US Tuner.

Thanks,
Joe

Bump.
no, this is something that needs to be done on the backend. nothing is implemented in xbmc to do this
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
...mmmm. That is a breaking point for XBMC for me, because I would need the Media PC to act as an appliance for the rest of my family.

There's a section on Client Configuration, I believe in the Live TV settings. I've tried MediaPortal and NextPVR, but neither of them populated this section.

Is this something that's anticipated for in future releases? It is so hard to get my wife and 5 year old to make XBMC a Normal Sized Window (from Full Screen), then teach them how to use MediaPortal, NextPVR, etc. to set their recording options.
If you wanted to spend $5 you could buy the Ceton Companion app.. It would let you schedule WMC recordings on an Android device, or iPad/iPhone.
I think that the MediaPortal TV server has an option to set the max number of recordings. Isn't it the case? Else you could use ForTheRecord.
This option is also to be implemented in TvHeadend under Linux, which I use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to Set Max Recorded Items?0