How to exit music visualisation screen with remote
I run Frodo RC3 on an Asrock 330 (Linux) with aeon mq3 and nox 4. When I play music and press exit on my remote (which functions as back) I end up in a screen with music visualisation (opengl), nice fanart and the menu dissapears. I don't know exactly what this screen is called hence my problem with finding the answer.

As easy as my remote brings me here, there is no button to get me back to the menu unless I press stop to stop the music. I want to map a new key but as I don't know what this function (or screen mode) is called I don't know what to look for.Blush
A screenshot would probably go a long way to describing the screen you cant describe or dont know what it is.

Also try doing the same with Confluence skin and see if this is not a skin related issue.

If it turns out to be skin related, go have a moan in the skins subforum related to the skin which exhibits this "feature"

uNi
Thanks. I am still searching and think this is called music OSD. Will go for a picture next. As it happens with three skins I think this is general and I just need to figure out how to map a button.
I uploaded a picture:

Escape/Back takes me to the menu
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks appreciated.

On my remote the key "exit" is mapped to "Back". If I press once I get the musc osd, if I press again a bar opens at the top with audio coded and fps, it dissapears automatically.

I have tried mapping "Media" and that does nothing. I read elsewhere to map to "M" but that is a keyboad key an not an option to choose from.

Perhaps I need to set it up as a different remote, (now mapped as MicrosoftMCE Remote) I'll search some more. thx.

If you have a keyboard attached to that system, try pressing Tab while the music visualization is displayed and see if that takes you back to the menu. If that works, then we can pursue the remote control option.
you should be able to map 'TAB' or 'ESC' to exit that screen. Look at the wiki https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Eden/s...yboard.xml and refer to
Code:
<global>
    <keyboard>
    <tab>FullScreen</tab>
    </keyboard>
<Visualisation>
    <keyboard>
    <escape>FullScreen</escape>
    </keyboard>
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
@rocketpants you mean this link https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Frodo/...yboard.xml

Since He is on Frodo we dont want to use outdated keymaps.xml from Eden right?

uNi
Thanks. Does this require me to setup remote as MCE keyboard? Tab sounds like a keyboard key? No keyboard attached now so havent tested tab on keybaord yet.
(2013-01-11, 23:41)kees667 Wrote: Thanks. Does this require me to setup remote as MCE keyboard? Tab sounds like a keyboard key? No keyboard attached now so havent tested tab on keybaord yet.

Well, the keyboard Tab key is mapped to the Fullscreen function. I wanted you to verify if invoking Fullscreen will correctly take you from the visualization screen back to your menu. The easiest way to verify this is by using a keyboard on your system (assuming you own a keyboard). If this works, then you can program a button on your remote to invoke the Fullscreen function via a custom keyboard.xml (wiki) file in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps/ directory. Something like this:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <some-button>Fullscreen</some-button>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Just pulled a keyboard from a pc. I can confirm that tab starts and ends fullscreen.

Can you explain a little more what to do next?
-should remote be mapped as mce keyboard?
-above is keyboard.xml - sounds like changing the keyboard, some releases ago I recall changing some remote stuff in either keymap or lircmap (now no longer necessary)

thanks again

update: I tested something I don't understand. I deleted my music library MyMusic32.db which was 11MB. Rebooted and I got a 180k file in return. Pressed clean library to make sure all was aliged, file stayed at 180k. I then browsed two folders with 100 MP3 each. First time opening I got scanning, second time I can just open them so the info is caced, yet the myMusic32.db file is still 180k. Where does file mode scanning info go/is it stored? Perhaps my issue is not with MyMusic32.db but another file. ( I always assumed music info scanned in file mode also went to MyMusic32.db (or the other way around, music scanned to library doesnt need to be scanned in file mode since it is already there - library must have a link to the path in order to play)
(2013-01-15, 22:24)kees667 Wrote: -should remote be mapped as mce keyboard?
Yes, that will be easier and allow use of keyboard.xml key mapping
Quote:-above is keyboard.xml - sounds like changing the keyboard,
You want to choose a remote control button that you're not using for some other function (e.g., Play, Pause, Stop, FF, REW, etc.) and map it the XBMC "Fullscreen" action. To discover how XBMC sees a particular button, enable debug log (wiki)ging and press the candidate button a few times. Exit XBMC and look in the debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) and see how/if XBMC identified that button press and if any action was performed as a result of the button press. Obviously, you would not want to use a button that currently performs some action/function that you need. If your remote has "color" or multimedia buttons, they may be good candidates, since they usually send modifier+keypress, which is not something normally used by XBMC as a keyboard shortcut.

Once you've chosen a button to use, replace "some-button" in my keyboard.xml example above with the actual name of your button, as identified by XBMC in your log.

I have this issue as well.... With a keyboard attached, the TAB key will properly exit from the Music OSD screen...But a keyboard is not really convenient to use from my living room couch. Is there something I can map on a file that is kept inside the /keymaps folder?

Currently I have this:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
   </keyboard>
        <remote>
            <red>FullScreen</red>
            <blue>ContextMenu</blue>
            <yellow>ShowSubtitles</yellow>
        </remote>
        <teletext>
            <red>FullScreen</red>
            <blue>ContextMenu</blue>
        </teletext>
  </global>
</keymap>

But hitting the Red button on my Remote, does NOT exit out of the Music OSD screen... for some reason I get a dialog that states I have not started my PVR services (I do not use Live TV/PVR feature in XBMC). Can someone please advice what I can do to fix this please.

Many thanks,

Hernando
^^^^....Anyone please...??!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to exit music visualisation screen with remote0