xbmc frodo do not play next song automaticaly
as said. if the song is finished, the play button stays on play, not paused, and nothing happens. in settings is of course "play next song automatically" checked. i tried on nightly release 10.1.2013. on rc3 x86 and rc3x64. all over the same problems!

and please, can someone confirm these problems on osx 10.8.2? doesbt matter flac or m4a, the same poblem.
This problem appears only when llcm is selected in audio setup. But i need to select lpcm, because i get a bit streaming for audio files, they play as is sample rate.

i can not believe that i'm the only one having this problem.

so please... turn on lpcm in audio settings, if you have an avr, then let one song playing til end and wait, if next song will be played automatically!?
Frodo RC3 crashes every time it tries to play "next song".
I've repeated the test 3 times now playing a folder of FLAC.

I'm using the official RC3 release and not the nightly.

OSX Version: 10.8.2 (12C60)
Platform: Mac Mini Server (mid 2011)
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Install Method: .dmg

Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem:
Start XBMC, go into Music, find folder with FLAC files, play first file, wait for song to end and the next song that should start playing.

Full debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=29154

Playback Problems:
Audio codec and container: FLAC
@loration doesn't happen for me on the latest code. Whats your audio settings? (any crossfade or vis or something?)

Beside that i would need the crashreporter file. And just fyi - you are kind of highjacking this thread which is not about crashing but about problems traversing to the next song...

Due to lack of testmaterial my flac test folder has the same file 4 times in it - so my flacs are technically all in the same format (is this different on your issue?)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@dsim - what are your audiosettings (speakersetup and so on)? And are those stereo audio files? or multi channel? Your info is a sh.. of nothing tbh ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-01-20, 15:02)Memphiz Wrote: Beside that i would need the crashreporter file.
Do you mean the OS X System Diagnostic Report? I've tried pasting it to several pastebin, xbmclogs.com, etc. but at 512KB it's too large for them.
Technically XBMC doesn't crash. It just hangs I guess.
I have to force quit XBMC as nothing is responding (I've waited patiently for several minutes).

(2013-01-20, 15:02)Memphiz Wrote: And just fyi - you are kind of highjacking this thread which is not about crashing but about problems traversing to the next song...
Which is what I'm experiencing: XBMC hangs completely when traversing to next song...

And yes all files in the folder are FLAC, stereo.

What further correlates between my setup and the OP is I've enabled LPCM because my AV-reciever is capable of decoding this.

_System audio settings_
Audio Output: HDMI
Speaker conf. 5.1
Boost on downmix: on
Output stereo to all: off
AC3 Cap. rec: on
DTS cap rec: on
Multichannel LPCM cap rec: on
Audio output device: HDMI
Play GUI sounds: only when stopped

Music -> Playback
Crossfade: off
Visualisations: None
(2013-01-20, 16:31)loratio Wrote: Which is what I'm experiencing: XBMC hangs completely when traversing to next song...

I've just disabled LPCM and it now happens more random while playing back. But always at "eof".

Here's what I see in the log (which is the same last lines each time: Destructed,Stream freed, Hit eof ):
Code:
16:03:04 T:140735086031232   DEBUG: CFileCache::Open - opening </Volumes/Audio/FLAC/Salif Keita/'Folon'... The Past/03. Africa.flac> using cache
16:03:04 T:4689760256  NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
16:03:05 T:4672094208    INFO: PAPlayer::ProcessStream - Stream Finished
16:03:05 T:4634710016   DEBUG: Thread CFileCache 4634710016 terminating
16:03:05 T:4672094208   DEBUG: CCoreAudioAEStream::~CCoreAudioAEStream - Destructed
16:03:05 T:4672094208   DEBUG: PAPlayer::ProcessStreams - Stream Freed
16:03:07 T:4689760256    INFO: CFileCache::Process - Hit eof.

Every time it hangs the CPU usage skyrockets and the fans kick into high gear.

Edit: I noted that XBMC GUI was still playing back the song with 5 seconds remaining when it got stuck. I'm pretty sure the audio file played through though.

Cheers
Ok - i can reproduce the issue and stumbled over it before (dts/ac3 music). Though this seems to sound like something easy like "just play the next track when the first is finished" - its a non trivial problem deep in the new audioengine / our coreaudio code. I'm sorry to say that we are not able to do a quick fix for this (neither for frodo and maybe not even for frodo 12.1 - depends on the ressources in our osx dev pool). So LPCM and any other passthrough formats don't play nice with xbmc's paplayer (used for music).

For a workaround please create a playercorefactory.xml with the following content:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="m4a" player="dvdplayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Just add all fileextensions as comma seperated list in the "filetypes" field which are showing the problem (e.x. everything you passthrough via dts,ac3,lpcm).

This will use the dvdplayer for these files (which lacks of all the paplayer features like crossfade and stuff...).

The file has to go in the userdata folder - see here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_and_logs
I have exactly the same problem with the Windows build.
The workaround fixes the problem but the dvdplayer doesn't play the Cue sheets correctly.
When I'm playing DTS CD's (cue-wav) the dvdplayer plays the next track automatically but it doesn't display the right track in the playlist.
It doesn't reset the time counter to zero but it keeps counting from the beginning like if it is one big track.
You can change tracks manually tho,.. ... do I make any sense?
This has already been reported but not yet fixed.

#13737 Playback of DTS encoded wave files stops after skipping to next song

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc frodo do not play next song automaticaly0