Android [feat] 'lazy' touch controls during playback
Video 
I've been following the Android builds for some time now, and with the recent release candidate it's working awesomely on all my hardware. It's great on a tablet.

But no matter whether you're on the toilet, in bed, in a train or any other location that is a typical watch-media-on-tablet location, controlling playback and especially the most frequently used controls (volume, brightness and time-scrubbing) are kind of annoying compared to other Android media players.

A bunch of them, e.g. Dice Player, MX Player, and MoboPlayer iirc, have a clever system where dragging your finger up and down on the left of the screen changes volume, on the right changes tablet brightness, and dragging horizontally scrubs through time (fast forward/backward). This really really improves usability and adding these controls to the playback screen would imo make a valuable addition to the Android version.
Try Xubuntu. It's the new Ubuntu.
Nice for a tablet but kind of hard to do that with a set-top-box Smile
Would be nice on a phone, too. Could probably even be used on an iOS phone. Just saying.... :D
skinners, get off your lazy asses and get cracking Smile Just kidding skinners, LOL.

(2013-01-11, 06:03)davilla Wrote: kind of hard to do that with a set-top-box Smile

So? Tongue Just because it's useless on device x doesn't mean it shouldn't bring beer to the party for thousands of touch-enabled devices!
It shouldn't replace everything else, just an added layer of usability to touch devices. People will love it.
is it a skin thing or is it a global input thing?
(2013-01-11, 06:50)Ned Scott Wrote: Would be nice on a phone, too.
Oh sweet lord yes, the controls are even more impossible on a phone. I totally forgot about using XBMC on a phone. +1! Tongue
(2013-01-11, 12:29)Ned Scott Wrote: is it a skin thing or is it a global input thing?

I guess this is an input thing. Skin doesn't do this, right?
I haven't seen touch events in skin code ever.

This would be Android events, like onTouchEvent(MotionEvent event) { // some switch statements to decide whether to play with volume or timeline and what not }
Or something using ui-drag-drop.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[feat] 'lazy' touch controls during playback1