wireless hard drive
I am thinking of getting one of these new wireless harddrives. Does anyone have any experience with the seagate wireless drives? Can you connect xbmc to it?

It would be great to put this in the car and then let my kiddos access movies/tvshows on road trips thru some tablets.

Or I was thinking of also buying a raspberry pi and setting it up with CP, sickbeard, sabnzbd to download to this drive and have it as a wireless fileserver.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Doesn't look like that drive is available yet until February 1 (at least not on Amazon). However, I like the concept of a fully portable drive with its own built-in WiFi network to provide additional storage for tablets that don't have card readers to expand internal storage. Kingston has their Wi-Drive product line that uses flash storage (may be more rugged for on-the-road use than a spinning drive) and starts at $50 for the 32GB model, for those who don't need as much capacity or want to spend as much.

For a stationary setting, you may want to look at the WD MyBook Live line. A 3TB model is available for about the same price as the Seagate unit above. It's being touted as a "cloud" drive so, in theory, you should be able to access it from anywhere via the Internet.
yeah the 1tb model is not avail unitl feb however the 500 gb model is available now. looks like both are going for 99.99

I will not have internet on the road so that is why I am looking at having local content stored that is accessible. I dont want to do a hotspot as they are very expensive for the gb usage.

I am thinking of getting 3 x nexus 7 for the car and putting xbmc on it. Then being able to connect to the wireless harddrive to play music and videos thru xbmc. I am wondering if xbmc can connect to the hardrive as a source since its DLNA compatible. hmmmm.

Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
A few iOS users have used them and like them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wireless hard drive0