Aeon Nox 4 or XBMC 12 background problems
I´ve recently switched from xbmc 11 to 12 and at the same time to the latest Aeon Nox. I add my own backgrounds in almost all menues but in the main meny i get black bars in the top and at the bottom of the pictures almost like a widescreen movie. I guess its to make the top and bottom menues look better, but i´ve tried to disable them all just to get the backgrounds to fullscreen and it dosn´t help.

Does anyone know how i can make the background pictures to fullscreen like it used to be? I Would be greatfull for any help or suggestions
under normal circumstances that shouldn´t happen since scraper artwork and included artwork is all 16:9.
we´ll probably rework that for the next version though.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thank you for your quick response, are you a skinner on Aeon Nox? I was reading alittle in the skinning manual and found something about (bordersize Specifies the size of the border. A single number specifies the border should be the same size all the way around the image, whereas a comma separated list of 4 values indicates left,top,right,bottom values.) sounds like about what happens to my pictures, can´t find the xml file and where to change it tho. Do you know if it has been added a border in the latest version?

i use a 16.9 tv so I think it should scale right, but the included artwork also had the black border in the top and bottom.
(2013-01-12, 00:50)Thehack Wrote: Thank you for your quick response, are you a skinner on Aeon Nox? I was reading alittle in the skinning manual and found something about (bordersize Specifies the size of the border. A single number specifies the border should be the same size all the way around the image, whereas a comma separated list of 4 values indicates left,top,right,bottom values.) sounds like about what happens to my pictures, can´t find the xml file and where to change it tho. Do you know if it has been added a border in the latest version?

i use a 16.9 tv so I think it should scale right, but the included artwork also had the black border in the top and bottom.

correct.
not possible. if you run xbmc in 16:9 resolution then you definitely won´t get black borders.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Just like you said there wasn´t any borders, the problem is that the pictures dosn´t rezise to fit window like they did previously, did a reinstall with xbmc 11 and aeon nox 3.6.2 and then the pictures worked again. Then i tried xbmc 12 with the latest aeon nox and the problem occured once again. Is there a way to come around this in the script settings or could it be the frodo release thats causing this?
It was a design choice. Phil and I already discussed this internally and there either will be an option to revert to previous setting and new way or it will be rolled back altogether.
Sounds great.. Thanks for all the answers and the time you put in making the best script for xbmc.
Has this been changed as of 4.0.9?
Thanks for the hard work
(2013-01-12, 13:42)Big_Noid Wrote: It was a design choice. Phil and I already discussed this internally and there either will be an option to revert to previous setting and new way or it will be rolled back altogether.

Much apreciated for your concern. this is one issue also to me.

Can u please update this thread when it is already change that option?

Thx both (phil65 And Big_Noid)
I believe this is regarding the 'problem' below?

I also noticed it and found it rather strange, as the 'stock' backgrounds in the skin don't seem to follow the same behaviour.

On a related note (I think): in Nox 3.6 (Eden), the backgrounds I chose for my homescreen would carry over into the different views of the respective libraries. Now it seems the skin reverts to the stock ones, once you enter a library, even though I have custom backgrounds in the homescreen. Is this also by design? Is there a way around it?

TIA, and cheers for a great skin, again!
(2013-02-01, 15:25)WeirdH Wrote: I believe this is regarding the 'problem' below?

I also noticed it and found it rather strange, as the 'stock' backgrounds in the skin don't seem to follow the same behaviour.

On a related note (I think): in Nox 3.6 (Eden), the backgrounds I chose for my homescreen would carry over into the different views of the respective libraries. Now it seems the skin reverts to the stock ones, once you enter a library, even though I have custom backgrounds in the homescreen. Is this also by design? Is there a way around it?

TIA, and cheers for a great skin, again!

you can define a fallback for the sections independently now (viewtype settings --> background)
Thumbs Down 
I phil65, this sugestion or solution is also for this kind of "issue" with the custom multi backgrounds ?

Thx
(2013-02-01, 16:29)phil65 Wrote: you can define a fallback for the sections independently now (viewtype settings --> background)

Found it, great stuff. Thanks.
I found it too, but doesnt change anything when i am at the home screen, only change inside the menu (movies, or other) and when you have the fanart disable.

Can u help me with that Phil65
To change menu item backgrounds:

System -> Skin -> Customizers -> Main menu item customizer -> Select the menu item -> Choose background

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4 or XBMC 12 background problems1