Aeon Nox 4 or XBMC 12 background problems
I have same issue. Black bars top and bottom. Even the movie fan art is the same on the main menu. But if I go in to s movie and look at the fan art it's perfect.

Is there a way of changing this.
@vjmcdonnell

Aeon Nox was designed for 16:9 screens. I too have small black bars(top & bottom) because I have a 16:10 monitor. phil said they were probably adding an option to make background images fill the screen for users who don't have 16:9 screens.
After some debug i found this in home.xml

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
                <fadetime>600</fadetime>
                <imagepath background="true">$VAR[HomeMainFanartVar]</imagepath>
                [color=#0000CD]<aspectratio align="center" aligny="center">keep</aspectratio>[/color]
                <animation effect="fade" time="600">Visible</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" time="600">Hidden</animation>
                <animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="15000" pulse="true" delay="600" condition="Skin.HasSetting(animatedbghome)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" start="-15,-15" end="15,15" time="7500" pulse="true" delay="600" condition="Skin.HasSetting(animatedbghome)">Conditional</animation>
                <visible>!Substring(Control.GetLabel(4322),case)</visible>
</control>

So then i read more about it here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aspect_Ratio

And i change it to scale, and after that the Background in home is scaled without any black bars (top or sides)

<aspectratio align="center" aligny="center">scale</aspectratio>

please read about the other values allowed

stretch, center

define what is better for you.

Phil65 or Big_Noid please send a feedback about this change.

Thx
(2013-02-02, 23:56)rpluto Wrote: So then i read more about it here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aspect_Ratio

And i change it to scale, and after that the Background in home is scaled without any black bars (top or sides)

Well, that fixed it for me, thanks a bunch!
(2013-02-02, 23:46)Vaikin Wrote: @vjmcdonnell

Aeon Nox was designed for 16:9 screens. I too have small black bars(top & bottom) because I have a 16:10 monitor. phil said they were probably adding an option to make background images fill the screen for users who don't have 16:9 screens.

Thanks, Aeon Knox is by far my favorite skin.
The Philips TV I have must be 16:10 also. Res comes up as 1280:768p
In a side note my wife thinks I'm nuts
(2013-02-03, 02:36)WeirdH Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 23:56)rpluto Wrote: So then i read more about it here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Aspect_Ratio

Well, spoke too soon..! Confused What happens now is this: when using a widget like 'mixed movies' or 'recently added movies', the fanart of the movies in the widget are still not scaled, so the homescreen backgrounds can be seen peeking through at the top and bottom of the display. I have no idea what to change to make the fanarts scale as well...
(2013-02-03, 05:13)WeirdH Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 02:36)WeirdH Wrote:

Well, spoke too soon..! Confused What happens now is this: when using a widget like 'mixed movies' or 'recently added movies', the fanart of the movies in the widget are still not scaled, so the homescreen backgrounds can be seen peeking through at the top and bottom of the display. I have no idea what to change to make the fanarts scale as well...

<control type="image">
                <fadetime>600</fadetime>
                <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
                <include>Animation_WindowFade250</include>
                <aspectratio align="center" aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>
                <texture background="true" fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/speakergrill.jpg">$INFO[Skin.String(LiveBG)]</texture>
                <animation effect="fade" time="500">Visible</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" time="500">Hidden</animation>
                <visible>Substring(Control.GetLabel(4322),case)</visible>
            </control>

Try to change this keep to scale too.

<aspectratio align="center" aligny="top">scale</aspectratio>

Wait for your feedback
No dice: that one is already set to 'scale' in my home.xml. Changing it to 'stretch' also does nothing.
Sorry WeirdH,

Wrong past, is this one.

Code:
<control type="image">
                <fadetime>600</fadetime>
                <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
                <texture background="true">$VAR[HomeWidgetFanartVar]</texture>
                <visible>[Control.HasFocus(8000) | Conrol.HasFocus(7000) | ControlGroup(5000).HasFocus | ControlGroup(6000).HasFocus] | [Player.HasAudio + Skin.HasSetting(musicfanarthome)]</visible>
                <animation effect="fade" time="600">Visible</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" time="600">Hidden</animation>
                <animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="15000" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(animatedbghome)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" start="-15,-15" end="15,15" time="7500" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(animatedbghome)">Conditional</animation>
            </control>
Success! I thank you for your assistance, rpluto!
Is there any update regarding the addition of the option within the skin itself which allows us to scale/stretch the background image to fit the screen.
Not yet
Still no update? Been waiting for a fix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4 or XBMC 12 background problems1