Requesting .po and .xml files for different branches?
I've branched the two addons I maintain, and the master branches are for Frodo with the other branch for Eden. I'm feature freezing the Eden ones, so I don't anticipate any more string changes. What's the best way to handle this?

Now that I'm looking, I don't see a way to provide a git URL directly to the Eden branch, so now I'm really not sure the best way to handle this. Since I'm freezing the Eden versions, I guess I don't really need language updates at all...

P.S. I'm can live with having the Eden xml files and the Frodo .po files in the same directory structure. I can manually move things to the right locations.
Just let me know which addon it is and I can provide both PO and xml files in the same directory. Or just stick with XML files for now (frodo can still use them) and whenever you are supporting only >= Frodo versions just let me know and I change the whole thing to PO back again.

Note that after Frodo we'll have a nice new feature called plurals support for strings. This will only work with PO files. But until that you can use the XMLs.

BTW I can get the direct URLs of the different branched files for most project hosting services.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The addons in question are the two in my signature. If you can provide XML files for the Eden branch and .po files for the master branch (Frodo) that would be awesome. I'd like to maintain the Eden stuff so that as new translations become available I can pass them on to everyone.

Mahalo.
(2013-01-13, 04:08)pkscuot Wrote: The addons in question are the two in my signature. If you can provide XML files for the Eden branch and .po files for the master branch (Frodo) that would be awesome. I'd like to maintain the Eden stuff so that as new translations become available I can pass them on to everyone.

Mahalo.

Ok. With the next update you'll see PO and XML files.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
When should I expect to see the .po files? I checked today and I still only see .xml files in the translation repo. I'm doing some updates that will be Frodo only, and I'd like to go ahead and switch over to the .po files when I push the updates.
Done. Sorry for the delay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Requesting .po and .xml files for different branches?0