• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
This is a great skin, I'm glad to see it working on Frodo, you've done a wonderful job!

I managed to customize it a lot based on my preferences, it would be awesome if you could add some different colors options for the accents, could be a darker blue, dark grey, green, red, etc. I think this skin design is so great because it looks like a mix between Apple TV and Metro style. Also, is there a way to enable fan art on the home menu, like a slideshow from movies and tv shows?
(2013-09-27, 01:07)passenger Wrote: This is a great skin, I'm glad to see it working on Frodo, you've done a wonderful job!

I managed to customize it a lot based on my preferences, it would be awesome if you could add some different colors options for the accents, could be a darker blue, dark grey, green, red, etc. I think this skin design is so great because it looks like a mix between Apple TV and Metro style. Also, is there a way to enable fan art on the home menu, like a slideshow from movies and tv shows?

if you use the grab.fanart addon, it should work.
you'll also have to activate it in the settings.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2013-09-28, 17:28)locomot1f Wrote: if you use the grab.fanart addon, it should work.
you'll also have to activate it in the settings.

Thank you, will do!
Sorry for the delayed reply.

(2013-09-13, 00:24)Gade Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 14:10)Westward Wrote: What I noticed on Windows 7 is that when you ALT+TAB out of XBMC and back in, the mouse cursor tends to vanish and it's hard to use the mouse after that.

I don't think the missing mouse cursor is a skin problem as much as a problem with XBMC. Do you experience this with the other skins as well?
It seems not rebooting my computer was the problem. I can't reproduce this bug anymore. So much the better. Smile
(2013-09-03, 14:10)Westward Wrote: What files do I need to look at to edit the view options for TV seasons? I'd like to add a List Info view option for seasons. Actually asked if you could add this a few months ago but it's probably not high on your priority list. So if I can figure it out I could contribute the code.

I included the List Info View for seasons and it will be available in the next update Smile
Awesome, thanks!

(2013-09-03, 14:10)Westward Wrote: When using Custom Panels ...

I'm not exactly sure I'm following you.

What kind of custom panels do you use? If it's playlists for movies or tv shows, Rapier use the script.randomandlastitems which returns recently added and random movies from your selected playlist. Right now the Custom Panels returns both unwatched and watched movies. To only show unwatched or in progress movies would require a loooot of additional code.

I used Movies and TV Shows respectively since the Playlist (*) entries meant none of the panels would show up at all. Tried messing around with the Custom Panels plugin but it seems I broke it in the process. While the Recently Added panel still shows up, the Featured (random items) panel is now gone. I was basically hoping it'd be possible to replicate the "In Progress" panel from the default movies and tv shows entries instead of seeing the "Featured (random items)" panel the plugin uses. But I guess as you said, it would be a lot of work to achieve this.
Any new updates to look forward to Gade? Just curious. (:
Hi guys.

Just a short message to let you know that I'm still here planning updates for Rapier.

Stay tuned - they will come soon :-)
great to hear!

looking forward Smile
(2013-06-29, 01:50)pball Wrote: Hello, I'm back with my custom categories not working. I have XBMC 12.2 and the lastest rapier skin but no luck. I'm quite certain I know what the problem is but not how to fix it. I'm convinced it's related to the return parameter added to the path when creating a custom category. The fact manually creating one works without that parameter and fails with it should prove my point, more info in my original thread.

My thread from before rapier was revived still holds true.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1155862

The error that occurs when I try to use a custom category is the following.
14:58:10 T:4388 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting "F:",return
14:58:10 T:4388 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory("F:",return) failed

I'm also kinda wondering if this is an issue with the skin or XBMC in general. I'll thank anyone that looks into this.

I am having a similar problem as Pball from back in June, and I don't see where anyone ever solved his problem. I have set up my favourites to be on my home menu screen, but when I open them I just get a blank screen rather than opening the correct folder.
stkelly52

In a post a while ago Gade said he would look into this but there were other things to do first. So hopefully it's only a matter of time before this gets fixed.

Also you can manually add Favorites by editing a certain xml file. I found instructions somewhere to do it but I only did enough to test that manually adding them works. From what I remember you have to add a line to add the Favorite path then a few more lines if you want images linked to that Favorite entry.
(2013-09-15, 09:44)Gade Wrote:
(2013-09-15, 07:54)Piers Wrote: Any plan for a Gotham build?

Hi Piers.

Sure. When the official Gotham release gets closer, I will update the skin.

Right now I'm too busy updating, and bugfixing the version for Frodo.

That's fantastic. Considering the work you've completed with this skin I think it should most certainly be in the official repo and that you should be able to take over the forum. Especially considering that the original author hasn't visited the forum since June.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2013-10-28, 11:21)Piers Wrote:
(2013-09-15, 09:44)Gade Wrote:
(2013-09-15, 07:54)Piers Wrote: Any plan for a Gotham build?

Hi Piers.

Sure. When the official Gotham release gets closer, I will update the skin.

Right now I'm too busy updating, and bugfixing the version for Frodo.

That's fantastic. Considering the work you've completed with this skin I think it should most certainly be in the official repo and that you should be able to take over the forum. Especially considering that the original author hasn't visited the forum since June.

here, here!!! i second this motion.
Just found this skin - very nice, looking forward to updates.
I will be posting tons of screenshots tomorrow for you guys on our updated Rapier skin.

The metadata actors script has been redesigned to blend in with Rapier, thus giving it that unique look. Almost every view in this skin has been reworked and we are really excited to get some feedback.
Since Gotham is at the doorstep... Are you working on a Gotham version too?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I believe Gade is working on that.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]2