• 17(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
Yup, you bet! ;-)

A Gotham version will come as soon as the final Gotham version is released.
Well, here are some images just to show you guys what we've been able to accomplish with the Rapier skin so far.

We have completely redesigned most views of the skin, plus we have redesigned the actor.metadata to blend in nicely with Rapier.

A lot of the design ideas came from Aeon MQ5 dialog full screen, Metropolis media flags and a few others. It is still a WIP, but we're getting there. We've also included some more media flags, such as WEB-DL which never worked in Rapier.

Anyway, please let us know what you think of it so far. I will post the skin as soon as we make some more changes to the actor.metadata addon.

Home Category Movie View:

Movie Wall View:

Thumbnail View:

Dialog Videoinfo Movie View:

Fullscreeninfo View:

Movie Pause View with Seekbar:
Actor Metadata Screen #1:

Actor Metadata Screen #2:

Actor Metadata Screen #3:

Actor Metadata Screen #4:

Home Category TV View:

Dialog Videoinfo TV View:

All Season View:

Season with Episode View #1:

Season with Episode View #2:

Season with Episode View #3:

Season with Episode View #4:

Fullscreen Info TV View:
looking good.

my two cents:
i like that you've integrated a lot of the features with artwork.
wondering why you chose the color red for the OSD, as opposed to the main blue color.
i felt that the original Rapier breadcrumb view / feature was nice. never was too fond of the Aeon skin
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Actually everything is still blue, but my wife liked the red so she got no argument from me. When we do release it, it will all be blue.

Rapier in my opinion is still one of the best skins available, but it really looked a bit outdated, this is why we decided to add features that we wanted to see in a skin.

Keep in mind that Gade's Rapier is separate from the one I am showing here. I just wanted to share with everyone the customizations that we implemented so that anyone who is interested can have it once we're done.
I am also in the process of updating Rapier, making room for more add-on support and making the artwork more up-to-date (still being very true to the original). As always, major changed can be switched off in the skin settings.

$shedrock: Thanks for posting the screen shots - it looks very very good. Like we talked about, I will use some of your changes/designs, if it's ok with you.
By all means Gade. Please feel free to use whatever you wish. (:
Smile
sounds good to me.

as long as it will work on Gotham, i'll be happy.

do you have any plans to put this on github?
i could host it on my github account.

i like github cause it makes it easier to update, and then people can have their own forks for personal modification.

looking forward to it!
Where can I download this skin?
Will it run on the latest Gotham build?

Thanks,
first post,
not yet.
Thanks!
Hi all.

Right now I'm bugfixing a lot and cleaning up.

I have taken note of all bugs still existing mentioned in this thread, and I will try to work them out in the next couple of updates. It's a long process, so all will not be fixed in the next update.

The next version will be all about bug fixing and some new features.

If you have experienced any bugs not yet mentioned, please write them here.

(2013-09-21, 03:49)andrew062 Wrote: If you are in video and you have a movies folder. You cant do a sort by anything other than the name. Selecting another option does nothing. Not sure if this bug is known or is already being addressed.

I'm currently working on the sort orders. Do you enter the video library from the home menu and the movies from there - or are you entering the movies directly from the home menu?

To my knowledge, you can't sort anything directly in the Video Library root...
Hi Gade,

As a Christmas present, would it be possible for Rapier to integrate the hooks to support VideoExtras and the new TVTunes? You have done a fantastic work on this skin by the way!

Thanks.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
If that's what you wish for Christmas, that's what you'll get! :-)

I have actually been looking at the Video Extras add-on and sure, I will add support for this and the new Tv Tunes.
Absolutely brilliant! Thank you Father Christmas :-)
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]2