• 19(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
Hi Rob.

Thanks for letting me know - that's very helpful.

I actually already made support for the duration label, and it will be available in the next Rapier update.

Thanks a lot for adding Rapier to the VideoExtras wiki Smile

Christian
Very elegant skin. I have two enhancement requests that I'm hoping will be easy to implement:

1. Date format: To pick up the date format from the localisation settings. I'd like to pick up the Australian Date format dd, mmm, yyyy rather than the American default.
2. Customise LiveTV submenu: I'd like the ability to add an extra item to the submenu. The only way I can do it now is to manually create and modify a Custom menu option.

Michael
(2014-02-02, 22:09)mnyhuis Wrote: 1. Date format: To pick up the date format from the localisation settings. I'd like to pick up the Australian Date format dd, mmm, yyyy rather than the American default.

Hi Michael.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Yeah, I live in Denmark and have the same problem and date format as you.

The thing is that it's pretty easy to fix so that the skin picks up the international region settings, but doing so will also return the name of the day - eg. "MON, 3 FEB 2014" (Central Europe, Australia etc) or "MON, FEB 3, 2014" (USA, Canada etc.). I think maybe this will take up too much space compared to what is currently being used. Though I could make a skin option so that the user can choose.

(2014-02-02, 22:09)mnyhuis Wrote: 2. Customise LiveTV submenu: I'd like the ability to add an extra item to the submenu. The only way I can do it now is to manually create and modify a Custom menu option.

The submenu can have up to 7 items and you can customize each one of them in the skin settings. More than 7 items will be too messy and require a looooot of extra code.

Hope this answers your questions Smile

Christian
Thanks Christian. Fixing the date would be a nice to have, although not essential... I can live with the default date format in the near-term if necessary Wink

(2014-02-03, 21:55)Gade Wrote: The submenu can have up to 7 items and you can customize each one of them in the skin settings. More than 7 items will be too messy and require a looooot of extra code.

Actually, I meant that "Live TV" doesn't show up in the list of submenus that can be customised (unless you're using a newer version - I'm on 5.6.1). I can modify Movies, Shows etc. but not Live TV without the workaround of creating a Custom Entry. It would be nice to use the config tool to add the extra item I need to the sub-menu (i.e. I'm using Advanced Launcher to run MythTV frontend for searching/scheduling new recordings - it's much easier still to do this in MythTV)

Thanks
Michael
Hi Michael.

(2014-02-04, 03:59)mnyhuis Wrote: Thanks Christian. Fixing the date would be a nice to have, although not essential... I can live with the default date format in the near-term if necessary Wink

I added a skin option under General to switch between date formats. The options will be either "mmm d, yyyy" or "d mmm, yyyy".

This will be available in the next update.

(2014-02-04, 03:59)mnyhuis Wrote: Actually, I meant that "Live TV" doesn't show up in the list of submenus that can be customised (unless you're using a newer version - I'm on 5.6.1). I can modify Movies, Shows etc. but not Live TV without the workaround of creating a Custom Entry. It would be nice to use the config tool to add the extra item I need to the sub-menu (i.e. I'm using Advanced Launcher to run MythTV frontend for searching/scheduling new recordings - it's much easier still to do this in MythTV)

I didn't even know this (since I don't use PVR), but you're absolutely right. I will change that and it will also be included in the next update. Smile

Christian
Hi Gade,

I've only recently updated to Frodo. TBH, I'm going to continue with Eden for a while. Frodo seems to be a bit laggy on OSX compared to Eden.

Regardless, could you possibly update the first post with a version of the skin that doesn't have the compressed textures.xbt file inside the media folder and instead just has all the files separately? The reason I ask is that I have customised little things in the GUI to my liking and would like to continue to do so in the future. I know Scarfa used to post a version like that in conjunction with a compressed version so that we could alter files and I'm assuming that's how you originally were able to continue updating his skin.

Many thanks in advance and a big thank you for updating this skin. It is hands down the cleanest and nicest looking XBMC skin out there.
Hi Christian,

One more think I noticed last night. Under "Live TV", if you have both the "Currently Recording" and "Upcoming Recording" labels displayed they overlap one another (that is, you can see both blended together in overlapping text). Looks like the skin needs a check to see if both are active and to reposition the other one accordingly.

If you can point me to the file to look at I could always try to have a play with working out and/or testing a fix for you.

Thanks
Michael
(2014-02-06, 10:15)12inch Wrote: Hi Gade,

I've only recently updated to Frodo. TBH, I'm going to continue with Eden for a while. Frodo seems to be a bit laggy on OSX compared to Eden.

Regardless, could you possibly update the first post with a version of the skin that doesn't have the compressed textures.xbt file inside the media folder and instead just has all the files separately? The reason I ask is that I have customised little things in the GUI to my liking and would like to continue to do so in the future. I know Scarfa used to post a version like that in conjunction with a compressed version so that we could alter files and I'm assuming that's how you originally were able to continue updating his skin.

Many thanks in advance and a big thank you for updating this skin. It is hands down the cleanest and nicest looking XBMC skin out there.

Hi 12inch.

Thanks for the nice words.

Sure, no problem. I have updated the first post with a link to zip file containing the media folder with the uncompressed images.

(2014-02-07, 03:58)mnyhuis Wrote: Hi Christian,

One more think I noticed last night. Under "Live TV", if you have both the "Currently Recording" and "Upcoming Recording" labels displayed they overlap one another (that is, you can see both blended together in overlapping text). Looks like the skin needs a check to see if both are active and to reposition the other one accordingly.

If you can point me to the file to look at I could always try to have a play with working out and/or testing a fix for you.

Thanks
Michael

Hi Michael.

I know what you mean, and I will look into it as soon as possible.

Christian
Hi guys,
can someone explain to me, how i can use the rapier skin in openelecHuh i'm trying to install it from the zip file but that does not work.
thx for your help
geerts
grobi

btw: i'm using openelec 3.2.4 - frodo
Unzip it, then just drop it in the addons folder and reboot the machine. After that, go to Appearance and select the skin from the list.
worked
thx!! Smile
Hi Gade,

I am a long-term user of this brilliant skin, thanks for keeping it updated!

I think the problem with the "Sort by" option in the VIDEO section is still persistent. Here is some of my observations:

* The sorting order can be successfully changed in the MOVIES and TV SHOWS section, but not in the VIDEO section (at least not always)

* If a particular directory under the VIDEO section does not have a content type associated with it (Menu->SET CONTENT-> This directory contains: None), then the sorting works fine.

* As soon as you associate a content type with a directory the sorting gets stuck at the last selected option.

An ugly workaround which works for me if I need to change the sorting order is to set the content to None without removing the items from the library, change the sorting order, restore the content type and skip refreshing the library.

Hope this info helps to fix this bug...
I'm on a ATV2, and from what I remember, it was quite a bit faster in earlier versions. One thing I always look for in trying out better skins, is the ability to minimize the amount of eyecandy, since the ATV2 is quite limited in hardware. And one thing that could make the responiveness seem less sluggish, is being able to disable the animation of the "file marker".. you know, that shows what file you are currently looking at. Small things like that could hide the feeling of limited hardware.
Hey Gade,

Thanks again for keeping this updated, it's my favorite skin. Do you plan on looking at porting it when Gotham gets into beta status? I've been messing around with the OpenElec gotham nightlies and its very nice, the only thing missing is my favorite skin Smile Just curious, not trying to be pushy or etc.
(2014-02-13, 00:37)danilovesky Wrote: Hi Gade,

I am a long-term user of this brilliant skin, thanks for keeping it updated!

I think the problem with the "Sort by" option in the VIDEO section is still persistent. Here is some of my observations:

* The sorting order can be successfully changed in the MOVIES and TV SHOWS section, but not in the VIDEO section (at least not always)

* If a particular directory under the VIDEO section does not have a content type associated with it (Menu->SET CONTENT-> This directory contains: None), then the sorting works fine.

* As soon as you associate a content type with a directory the sorting gets stuck at the last selected option.

An ugly workaround which works for me if I need to change the sorting order is to set the content to None without removing the items from the library, change the sorting order, restore the content type and skip refreshing the library.

Hope this info helps to fix this bug...

Hi danilovesky.

The sort orders definately still needs some more attention, and the things you write are very helpful.

They are on my todo list and I will look into them soon Smile

Christian

(2014-02-23, 02:27)treqie Wrote: I'm on a ATV2, and from what I remember, it was quite a bit faster in earlier versions. One thing I always look for in trying out better skins, is the ability to minimize the amount of eyecandy, since the ATV2 is quite limited in hardware. And one thing that could make the responiveness seem less sluggish, is being able to disable the animation of the "file marker".. you know, that shows what file you are currently looking at. Small things like that could hide the feeling of limited hardware.

Hi treqie.

I fully understand your considerations regarding skins on ATV2. I took on this skin from v5.0.0 and will keep it updated in the future. A lot of additional functions and customizing options were added before I took on the skin, plus I have added some to support peoples needs and more addons.

I always consider keeping things simple and light, but the changes made before v5.0.0 will remain.

I could easily add a skin option to disable some animations. Exactly which animation do you refer to?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]2