• 22(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
(2014-05-25, 10:57)Marcos Wrote: Just posting to show support, I'm also waiting for the Gotham version of this skin.
+1 from me
Thanks
(2014-06-19, 23:22)yonir Wrote:
(2014-05-25, 10:57)Marcos Wrote: Just posting to show support, I'm also waiting for the Gotham version of this skin.
+1 from me
Thanks

+1 from me as well...

haven't seen an update about gotham in like a +month ... anyone able to fill us in on progress?

(2014-05-07, 00:09)shedrock Wrote: I actually have my copy of Rapier (Modded) working with Gotham. This skin is a nightmare to convert to Gotham. I had to do so much realigning for the TV episode views.

Here is what I have done so far:

- Dialog screens (Text realigned - completed)
- TV Views (List Info 2 view, List View and Thumbs Info View completed)
- Topbar menu Text realigned - completed)
- IMDB Ratings Text realigned - completed)
- Scrolling View Text repositioned - completed) <- not quite sure what this is called. It is the Letters that show up while scrolling through movies & tv shows.
- Info View (while watching a movie or tv show text has been realigned - completed)
- Pause screen (Text, images and clearart have all been realigned - completed)

I still have to add the Settings Level button to the System Settings screen. This is proving to be extremely frustrating so far. Maybe someone can have a go at it. Other than that, the skin is performing quite well.

I will post the my modded version to anyone who is willing to help me with it. I will also post some updated screenshots of this version, especially how the metadata actors screens blend in perfectly with Rapier.

Cheers
Shedrock

Was this ever completed && released?
Hi all.

I am very busy at work at the moment.

Currently I'm working on one final version for Frodo, which should be ready very soon. After that I will focus everything on updating the skin to Gotham.

Thanks for the support and nice words! Smile
(2014-06-25, 09:46)Gade Wrote: Hi all.

I am very busy at work at the moment.

Currently I'm working on one final version for Frodo, which should be ready very soon. After that I will focus everything on updating the skin to Gotham.

Thanks for the support and nice words! Smile

Thanks for the update Smile
Great!!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi to all,

I have been using XBMC for a while, and this skin is the best, I have a media network in my house with 4 HTPC and a media server, all of them (clients and server) with XBMC 12.2 with the rapier 5.6.1 skin in windows 7, I have the DB in MySQL and everything works fine except for one thing, in the server which has access to local files and fills up the DB is working 100% ok, but in the media clients the rapier skin doesn't show the recently added movies or tvshows in the main screen, if I enter the recently added I can see the movies and posters and everything is fine, just in the main screen where it shows like 5 movies, its blank, I can navigate in that part but I cannot play o know which movie is selected.

can anyone help me with that?

thanks in advance
Hi hsaul17.

It sounds like a cool setup Smile

Does everything work perfectly with the recently added widgets on the home screen for your server? Do all of your clients have the script service.skin.widgets installed? Are the recently added widgets activated in the Rapier skin settings on your clients?

The recently added submenu enters XBMC's library and recently added. The recently added widgets on the home screen use the script service.skin.widgets to fill the list.
(2014-07-14, 11:20)Gade Wrote: Hi hsaul17.

It sounds like a cool setup Smile

Does everything work perfectly with the recently added widgets on the home screen for your server? Do all of your clients have the script service.skin.widgets installed? Are the recently added widgets activated in the Rapier skin settings on your clients?

The recently added submenu enters XBMC's library and recently added. The recently added widgets on the home screen use the script service.skin.widgets to fill the list.

You are the man, thanks a lot, that made the magic, everything is working fine now Big Grin
Perfect! Glad to help Smile
Hi all!

I have finished what should be the final version of Rapier for Frodo! This is the biggest update so far, including a lot of bugfixing and recoding, new features and view styles plus a brand new 3D Wrap View for movies and tv shows (see it below). Please let me know if you experience any bugs etc.

DOWNLOAD RAPIER 5.7.0 HERE!

NEW FEATURES FOR 5.7.0 INCLUDE::
Code:
- Added button for CDArt Manager in Album Information / Artist Information menubar.
- Changed the defaultcontrol in DialogKeyboard.xml so it focuses the "Done" button.
- Added duration label, menubar, context menu, clearlogo etc. in script.videoextras detailed list window + added support for music video extras.
- Added additional support for script.tvtunes in music videos.
- Added a setting to the Skin Settings: General to change date format - eg. "FEB 4, 2014" or "4 FEB, 2014"
- Added full support for custom submenus in the home screen PVR category
- Removed support for old fanart method and updated support for script.grab.fanart
- Tweaked Song Information dialog
- Added scrollbar to Addon Settings dialog for better navigation.
- Fixed tv shows Icon View when selecting TV Thumbs.
- Updated tv shows List Info 2 View and Thumbs Info View to make them more in style with the rest of the skin.
- Updated movies Thumbs Info View to make it more in style with the rest of the skin.
- Updated all List Info Views to make them more in style with the rest of the views.
- Added clear logos to all episode views in the info pane.
- Completely removed support for skin handling of local images (clear logo, clear art, landscape etc.). This is now handled by Artwork Downloader in the advanced settings.
- Added season information in episodes Wide List View.
- Removed double icons on parent folder items in various views.
- Changed broken clear logo view in tv shows Wide List View to a new layout using clear art.
- Added clear logo view style when using Movies Icon View.
- Added clear logo view style when using Movies Thumbs Info View.
- Added scroll animations to all Thumbs Info Views in movies / tv shows.
- Update and bugfixing of the Shutdown Menu.
- Updated submenus in the home screen Power Category.
- Fixed aspect ratio on Home Screen now playing widget cd art cover.
- Added onclick function to the status bar when playing music or video to enter the music visualisation or fullscreen video (to better support touch devices).
- Added clear logos in the music library when CDArt Manager is installed. When you enter the skin settings, you will be prompted to enter your music library path (this can also be done manually).
- Removed some redundant view options (hide plot/description, hide poster). If you miss your favourite view option, please let me know.
- Bugfixing on PVR + added info pane media details.
- Updated animations for category icons and add-on shortcuts in the home screen.
- Changed category icons and add-on shortcuts in the home screen, so it is now possible to have both enabled at the same time.
- Added a warning dialog when selecting a custom category icon in the skin settings, and an add-on shortcut has already been enabled for that particular category.
- Fixed some navigation issues in the home screen.
- Removed CustomPanelAddons script and replaced with service.skin.widgets random add-on.
- Fixed background for Addon Information dialog in Music and Videos.
- Added a completely new view type: 3D Wrap (with 3D style and flat style) for movies and tv shows (inspired by Rapier Qualar Mod - thanks to Qualar).

ENJOY!

Now it's time for Rapier to move on to Gotham!
Still the best skin out there. I can't wait for Gotham.

Do you have an ETA on the Gotham version?

Thanks for all your hard work Gade.

Shedrock
Thanks a lot, Shedrock.

I have to start from the top for the Gotham version, so I really can't tell yet and don't know how much coding it takes. A lot of people are waiting, so I will try to hurry.

I still have some vacation left, so there should be plenty of spare time for me the next week or so Smile

Gade

Edit: I just began work for the Gotham version and it doesn't seem too hard Smile
Thanks for the info Gade.
Hey Gade,

Big thanks for the final update. Looking fwd to taking it for a spin.

Can I ask you to post the uncompressed textures please? I requested this in the past, so if nothing has changed, I can possibly continue to use those. If not, it would be much appreciated to get the new version.

Looking fwd to the Gotham rollout so I can take the new XBMC for a spin. Won't switch til I can have Rapier. Wink[/align]
(2014-07-18, 11:35)12inch Wrote: Hey Gade,

Big thanks for the final update. Looking fwd to taking it for a spin.

Can I ask you to post the uncompressed textures please? I requested this in the past, so if nothing has changed, I can possibly continue to use those. If not, it would be much appreciated to get the new version.

Looking fwd to the Gotham rollout so I can take the new XBMC for a spin. Won't switch til I can have Rapier. Wink[/align]

Hi 12inch.

Thanks for the nice words. Smile

I actually think there will be one more version for Frodo, as I'm currently making some small fixes for the Gotham version, which I might as well include in the Frodo version.

The uncompressed textures are always posted in the first post in this thread.

Gade
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]2