• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
(2013-01-22, 02:42)shedrock Wrote: Yes, I apologize for the second part. The Busy...Please wait is there.

And thanks for the dimmed feature with the paused label.

I have another question for you. Is it possible to add the metadata actors add-on to the rapier skin? I have it mostly completed but it doesn't quite flow as it does with the Aeon NOX skin. My files are all crazy edited and not all the options work.

No hurry, but I am just obsessed with implementing it for the wife and kids really.

Cheers!
Shedrock

Absolutely no problem.

I have been looking at that add-on myself and at some point I will add it to Rapier. But it is a lot of work, so for right now it has to wait.
Thanks. Much appreciated. Big Grin
Rapier was the only skin that played the copied Blu ray movies (main movies only) directly from the list without having to navigate to the index file. Frodo I think the code changed and give you the option to choose the movie, menu, and one other option. Do you think it would be possible to add a skin option that would bring that back?

To launch the movie directly from the list. (looking to bypass the Select playback item list)

Either that or the option to have Play as your default is not working in Rapier.

Also Not sure if it is a bug in XBMC it self or Rapier... but when the computer goes to sleep along with the monitor and you have blank all other screens choose it blanks the primary screen.
Living Room: i3 • WIN 8 x64 • 160GB Standard hard drive (soon a SSD) • HD 5400 • Rapier (easily customizable) • Imon Enclosure
Server: Dell PowerEdge 310 • media storage (20TB) • LSI HW raid • 15 hd bay enclosure (raid6)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1303449
(2013-01-22, 23:13)ANNIHILATOR001 Wrote: Rapier was the only skin that played the copied Blu ray movies (main movies only) directly from the list without having to navigate to the index file. Frodo I think the code changed and give you the option to choose the movie, menu, and one other option. Do you think it would be possible to add a skin option that would bring that back?

To launch the movie directly from the list. (looking to bypass the Select playback item list)

Hmm... I really don't see how that can be affected by the skin at all. And as I wrote before, I haven't changed a single bit in the code regarding how videos are played. If anyone has any suggestions to solving this (if it's possible), please let us know.

(2013-01-22, 23:13)ANNIHILATOR001 Wrote: Either that or the option to have Play as your default is not working in Rapier.

Default Select Action is a global setting in XBMC, and not in the skin. It is working perfectly for me - but as I also wrote earlier, I unfortunately don't have full blu-ray's in my collection (only the single movie files).

(2013-01-22, 23:13)ANNIHILATOR001 Wrote: Also Not sure if it is a bug in XBMC it self or Rapier... but when the computer goes to sleep along with the monitor and you have blank all other screens choose it blanks the primary screen.

That's also not in the skin. Maybe it's something in your computer settings and maybe XBMC... can you explain it in detail?
Hey Gade, no rush, but did you ever look into the reason why the "Recently Added Movies" and "Recently Added TV Shows" screen take so long to load the images?

I also have an issue with the tv show banners. They take quite a while to load. Mind you, this is only on the initial start up of XBMC and the Rapier skin. I don't have this issue with any other skin.

Thanks
Shedrock
anything new to report?

any plans to update the weather page to make use of the 7 day forecast, maps, etc..? provided by weather underground addon.

Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Sorry guys for not answering in some days.

I have a new version ready and will upload it very soon.

shedrock: I looked at it, but it doesn't take very long here on my Frodo installations. Do anyone else experience this?

locomot1f: I will take a note and take care of this sometime in the future. But for now it has to wait a little...
I have just uploadet a new version.

New features include:

- Included an option for display of TV Show banner under List View (only available for TV Show Seasons).
- Updated image support for Movies and TV Shows.
- Updated Frodo support for script.artwork.downloader and added support in Music Videos and Skin Settings.
- Updated RandomMovie and RecentlyAdded triggers for playing media
- Added support for banners in Thumbs Info View under TV Shows.
- Fixed media flagging for DVD's + some general things.
- Updated Sort Order and added Channels for PVR.
- Setting under Movies in View Options to display the movie title on the top bar.
- Updated icons and thumbs.
- Added a "Paused" label for paused fullscreen video. Select/deselect this in the Skin Settings, under Media.
- Updated DialogSelect.
- Added Subtitle Settings and Lyrics Settings buttons in Skin Settings.

You can download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mh5nja8c8dfnk68
Hi Gade,

Thank you for all your hard work on this skin. I really, really appreciate it.

Anyways, as for the loading of the TV Banners and Movie Posters, this is definitely an issue with Rapier. I tested it over and over with Aeon Nox and with Aeon Nox the TV Banners are always instantly visible when I go into TV Shows.

I timed it with Rapier skin and it takes approximately 8-10 seconds for images to appear in the Recently Added Movies and Recently Added TV Shows. The TV Banners take approximately 7 seconds to load and I can see that my drive is doing something while I am waiting.

I know this version of Rapier is for Frodo but with Rapier under Eden using OpenELEC, I definitely don't have the above mentioned issues.

Shedrock
yes, everything that shedrock said! the compliments, i'm on an ATV 2. stuff just takes longer, so I can't say if it's an issue.

my only thing is, I'm still not seeing the fanart displayed on the home pages -- Music or Video.
fanart works when music is playing, extra fanart works under TV and Movie sections... just not on the Main screen.

again, thanks for your commitment to this. i like the option in Movies for title on top of bar -- maybe not necessary to have arrow after the title.

shedrock? do you use the weather addon? if so, see if disabling it helps... just a thought. i know I have it, and it takes a while to download weather.
I also seem to be having an issue still when trying to add a Season Poster Image" to a series with 2 seasons or more. For example I could not add a TV series local cover called "Death in Paradise". It does not download the image when I use the artwork add-on.

Shedrock
i too am noticing this -- with the Season Posters.

when I click on TV Show information, there is no image.
When I click on Choose Art, the images are all there, but on the main screen it defaults to whatever the system has picked. Usually the image that's in not in English -- for some reason.
Hi Gade,

Here is the reason why the clearlogos don't work in your version. In ViewsTVShows.xml you have:

Code:
            <control type="group">
                <description>Bottom Bar Area</description>
                <posy>BottomPaneOffsetY</posy>    
                <!--<include>InfoPaneImage</include>-->
                <include>InfoPaneMediaDetails</include>

<include>BottomPaneOpenCloseAnim</include>
            </control>

I added the missing code below and it works now.

Code:
            <control type="group">
                <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(DisableTVShowsLogo)">InfoPaneClearLogo</include>
            </control>
(2013-02-08, 01:39)shedrock Wrote: Hi Gade,

Here is the reason why the clearlogos don't work in your version. In ViewsTVShows.xml you have:

Code:
            <control type="group">

</control>

I added the missing code below and it works now.

Code:
            <control type="group">
                <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(DisableTVShowsLogo)">InfoPaneClearLogo</include>
            </control>

Cool, thanks. I added that right away and it will be available in the next update. Just to let you know: I haven't changed that at all to begin with, so the initial version I started with from github was apparently without the clearlogos in the InfoPane...

As for the image problems, I will look into it when I have some more time. Right now I am expremely busy at work. The recently added problem could be the weather widget slowing things down. But I don't have any problems at all - it is appearing almost instantly.
Hi Gade,

a quick note the dvd media tag is working but there is another small issue. it is tagging hddvd's twice. I.E I am getting an hddvd tag and a dvd tag for all hddvd movies with .hddvd in the title.

Thanks,

Dave
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]2