• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
I think I found a bug-

I noticed that the movies showing up in the in progress or recently added windows, you cant start them from those windows. The in progress window doesn't clear the movie once it had played fully through... it stays in that window.
Living Room: i3 • WIN 8 x64 • 160GB Standard hard drive (soon a SSD) • HD 5400 • Rapier (easily customizable) • Imon Enclosure
Server: Dell PowerEdge 310 • media storage (20TB) • LSI HW raid • 15 hd bay enclosure (raid6)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1303449
(2013-01-19, 21:31)ANNIHILATOR001 Wrote: I think I found a bug-

I noticed that the movies showing up in the in progress or recently added windows, you cant start them from those windows. The in progress window doesn't clear the movie once it had played fully through... it stays in that window.

Let me answer the last post first :-)

This triggers for RecentlyAdded should be fixed in the latest version I uploadet (if it still doesn't work, let me know - it's working perfectly for me after the update).

As I understand it, the Recommended (In Progress) add-on in service.skin.widgets shows movies still in progress - which means you have to watch untill the end of the credits... You can read about it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142389

I found one of my movies in the In Progress widget, that I knew was watched, played it untill the end of the credits, and that made it dissappear.
I was hacking on this in my spare time and not making much progress, glad to see someone else with more knowledge managed to do it. Thanks so much Gade, really appreciate it! If you PM your paypal I will send you some cash for a few beers!
Gade,

Can you check on a couple things please. I use ember for scraping and use the sort order in ember quite a bit. The sort order for movies is not translating to the current version of Rapier (it does work in confluence). The 2nd item is when I have dvd in the tile of the movie i.e. title.dvd.mkv, rapier is not showing the DVD media tag. It works for blu-ray and hd-dvd with no problems also tested this with confluence and it has no issue. Other than that the skin is working great for me - the latest update you posted.

Thanks,

Dave
(2013-01-19, 00:39)ANNIHILATOR001 Wrote: Since you are in the process of updating the skin.. could you add the option to have Bluray movie copies (raw format main movie only) go directly into the movie and bypass the options window that pops up?

have the Bluray movies launch the same as the DVD copies launch

I'm not sure this is even possible? Can you do this in Confluence?

In Settings, under Videos -> File Lists, you can select the default play action.

(2013-01-19, 00:39)ANNIHILATOR001 Wrote: Also not sure if it is a skin related issue or if it is the FreeCable addon. but when in free cable the list option is selected to view the movies it always defaults back to the tiles. The art for the network stations are not being displayed.
- list mode doesn't stay
- network icons are not being displayed
- along with some of the fan art for the tv show are not being displayed

like I am said I am not sure if it is a skin related issue.

I think the Free Cable add-on is not working under Frodo? (It says Broken here.)

About the thumbs not showing, I have some general ideas of how to solve it. What view in Rapier do you use?
(2013-01-19, 02:22)12inch Wrote: Is it possible once you have sorted all/any issues out, to upload the entire work to GitHub like Scarfa did or provide access to the individual files in the Media folder as opposed to it just being compressed in the Textures file? I have no idea about skinning, but my inquisitive nature has allowed me to poke around the Media folder and make tiny little changes to customize the GUI ever so slightly to my liking. For example, I have changed the XBMC logo in the top left to be in the same font as the rest of the skin and I have also changed the main menu items to have less reflection when in focus. This is only possible if I am able to access the PNG files inside the media folder which isn't possible if we only have access to the Textures file.

Happy to wait. No rush at all. Just thought it might be handy for others out there who may want to do the same type of thing and also to keep the skin going forward, as then someone else can pick up on it as you did from Scarfa's original files.

Many thanks again.

PS: Is it at all possible to update this skin to 1080p and have hi-res icons? I stumbled across this is in my search but not sure if it's what needs to be done.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124314

Sure, absolutely no problem :-)

You can find the version of Rapier with uncompressed image files here: http://www.mediafire.com/?cac6rehd6qfby3z

Some users experienced image problems when they used the uncompressed images and not the Textures.xbt file, so if you have images suddenly not displaying, that is why.

I'm not going to do a version in 1080p. Even with the app in the link, it would be too much work. All the images etc. are made for the 720p resolution.
(2013-01-19, 22:57)Verno Wrote: I was hacking on this in my spare time and not making much progress, glad to see someone else with more knowledge managed to do it. Thanks so much Gade, really appreciate it! If you PM your paypal I will send you some cash for a few beers!

Thanks a lot, Verno :-)

I'm not in it for the money. I'm only in for the fame and chicks!
(2013-01-20, 18:28)rodercot Wrote: I use ember for scraping and use the sort order in ember quite a bit. The sort order for movies is not translating to the current version of Rapier (it does work in confluence). The 2nd item is when I have dvd in the tile of the movie i.e. title.dvd.mkv, rapier is not showing the DVD media tag. It works for blu-ray and hd-dvd with no problems also tested this with confluence and it has no issue. Other than that the skin is working great for me - the latest update you posted.

Hi Dave.

I checked the sort menu order and almost everything was exactly as it should. I added Channels under PVR, but since I don't have this, I can't really check if it shows.
Which exact sort order problem do you have? I can see that Rapier's default sort method ignored "The" in file names and folders.

I just looked in the media flags, and Rapier for some reason didn't support "dvd" in the file/folder name - it does now. This will be fixed in the next update.

Great to hear that everything else is working properly for you!
(2013-01-20, 22:42)Gade Wrote: I'm not sure this is even possible? Can you do this in Confluence?

In Settings, under Videos -> File Lists, you can select the default play action.

In Eden the Blu Rays played without going through the selecting the index file to play. Rapier was the only skin that did it too.
(2013-01-20, 22:42)Gade Wrote: I think the Free Cable add-on is not working under Frodo? (It says Broken here.)

About the thumbs not showing, I have some general ideas of how to solve it. What view in Rapier do you use?

it is Icon view
Living Room: i3 • WIN 8 x64 • 160GB Standard hard drive (soon a SSD) • HD 5400 • Rapier (easily customizable) • Imon Enclosure
Server: Dell PowerEdge 310 • media storage (20TB) • LSI HW raid • 15 hd bay enclosure (raid6)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1303449
Hi Gade, good to see you've picked up Rapier for Frodo. I just installed the OpenELEC 3.0 RC1 so this is very welcome.

In the past I've done some adjustments for Rapier myself, like the option to display the movie title at the top and at a bigger size. If you're open to it, I'd like to contribute whatever little I come up with for your version since it might be convenient for others as well.

To that end, do you know how to add options in the skin settings? An on-off button would be very useful especially for things like where to show the movie title while browsing (or whether to show it at all).
(2013-01-21, 06:45)ANNIHILATOR001 Wrote: In Eden the Blu Rays played without going through the selecting the index file to play. Rapier was the only skin that did it too.

Hmm... I don't really know what to say. I haven't changed the slightest bit in that part of the code. If any others have any suggestions, they are more than welcome. As I wrote before, I don't use blu-ray movies that way.

(2013-01-21, 06:45)ANNIHILATOR001 Wrote: it is Icon view

I'm actually working on fixing this right now. In the next update this should all be much better :-)
(2013-01-21, 19:59)Westward Wrote: Hi Gade, good to see you've picked up Rapier for Frodo. I just installed the OpenELEC 3.0 RC1 so this is very welcome.

In the past I've done some adjustments for Rapier myself, like the option to display the movie title at the top and at a bigger size. If you're open to it, I'd like to contribute whatever little I come up with for your version since it might be convenient for others as well.

To that end, do you know how to add options in the skin settings? An on-off button would be very useful especially for things like where to show the movie title while browsing (or whether to show it at all).

Great to hear and thanks for the nice words.

You are welcome to post your adjustments here or just write what you'd like to be done. I myself use a version of Rapier I have customized for many years to my own and my girlfriends preferences. And as you suggest I can just make an option for the changes in the skin settings or in the view options.

I just did the setting in the View Options under Movies to display the movie title in the top bar. This will be included in the next update.
Sweet. I'm tinkering right now. Don't have the movie titles in breadcrumb though. There's so much space between the breadcrumbs and info in Thumbs View that I modified the position for InfoPaneItemTitle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlna6bqk8dt3ij...hot001.png

Ideally there would be a dropdown item in View Options to either show the original, my or your placement. So there would be an InfoPaneItemTitle3 and InfoPaneFont3. I haven't figured out how to do the options yet though, and the IDs elude me. If you can point me in the right direction, that would be great - or if you can do it and document the changes, that should help me understand Rapier better.

Adding the following items would mean there's no need to overwrite existing options. To get it to work for now, I've replaced the position, width, and font entries of InfoPaneItem directly.

Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XMBC\addons\skin.rapier\720p\Font.xml Wrote:add after line 212 // <!-- Bottom Info Pane --> section

<font>
<name>InfoPaneFont3</name>
<filename>default-caps.ttf</filename>
<size>30</size>
</font>

Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XMBC\addons\skin.rapier\720p\includes_InfoPane.xml Wrote:include after line 74:

<include name="InfoPaneItemTitle3">
<posx>-160</posx>
<posy>-598</posy>
<width>1600</width>
<font>InfoPaneFont3</font>
<align>center</align>
<textcolor>InfoPaneColor</textcolor>
<shadowcolor>ShadowColor</shadowcolor>
<scroll>no</scroll>
<scrollsuffix> - </scrollsuffix>
<include>InfoPaneLabelFadeAnim</include>
</include>

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is how to add List Info view at the Season level of TV shows. Before the SVN versions of Rapier, I managed to do that by adding--

Quote: | Container.Content(Seasons)

--at the appropriate Container.Content(TVShows) entries in customViewModes.xml and ViewTVShows.xml.

The SVN version I eventually installed had changed a few things around quite a bit and I didn't manage to get it to work anymore. Think you can do this (and post your changes so I can understand better)?

Seriously, thanks so much for continuing on Rapier. I was worried about having to use a lesser skin in the future.
You guys have some really sweet ideas for Rapier. I am glad to see this skin is being kept alive and all the modifications. Nod
Hi Gade,

Is it possible to add a "Paused" image when you pause a movie or tv show and also a "Please wait...loading" text when a movie is being fetched as some skins do?
(2013-01-22, 00:19)shedrock Wrote: Hi Gade,

Is it possible to add a "Paused" image when you pause a movie or tv show and also a "Please wait...loading" text when a movie is being fetched as some skins do?

Sure, anything is possible. I dimmed the whole screen and added a "PAUSED" label in the middle, with an option of displaying it or not in the Skin Settings - under Media. I will upload the new update soon.

About the other thing: I have a "Busy... Please wait" dialog showing sometimes when i start a movie or tv show episode... is that what you mean?
Yes, I apologize for the second part. The Busy...Please wait is there.

And thanks for the dimmed feature with the paused label.

I have another question for you. Is it possible to add the metadata actors add-on to the rapier skin? I have it mostly completed but it doesn't quite flow as it does with the Aeon NOX skin. My files are all crazy edited and not all the options work.

No hurry, but I am just obsessed with implementing it for the wife and kids really.

Cheers!
Shedrock
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]2